krustus obvious observations..lol

krustus

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
anyone who has been at fitness for a while knows we tend to have body image issues.. after a while you are never big enough or never ripped enough , etc...

for example.. i started a mission to lean down January of last year... it took 6 months of cutting (with a few week or 2 breaks) to loose about 30lbs.

so that's 24 or so weeks.. give or take... so around a lb a week. but in the middle of doing it, i was always thinking "why am i not loosing weight like people i read about on the net" if i didn't see the scale move i had to remind myself to just stick to the plan and don't get crazy ...and drop cals too low , etc... add excess cardio..

we all realize the scale doesn't always move linearly ... but i was averaging still about a lb a week...which is pretty damn good progress in my book.

stick with the plan... trust the process... consistency... i had to keep those things in my head...as i knew i was doing all the things that should result in getting lean.

I stopped trying to get bigger ten years ago. Now my motto is "Never lean enough". I workout even when injured because otherwise I will put on weight ....

leaned out and I hate it. Back to being as big as I can for me..... But yes you are correct. I never look in the mirror and see what I want

krustus date=1480427856 said:
anyone who has been at fitness for a while knows we tend to have body image issues.. after a while you are never big enough or never ripped enough , etc...

for example.. i started a mission to lean down January of last year... it took 6 months of cutting (with a few week or 2 breaks) to loose about 30lbs.

so that's 24 or so weeks.. give or take... so around a lb a week. but in the middle of doing it, i was always thinking "why am i not loosing weight like people i read about on the net" if i didn't see the scale move i had to remind myself to just stick to the plan and don't get crazy ...and drop cals too low , etc... add excess cardio..

we all realize the scale doesn't always move linearly ... but i was averaging still about a lb a week...which is pretty damn good progress in my book.

stick with the plan... trust the process... consistency... i had to keep those things in my head...as i knew i was doing all the things that should result in getting lean.
krustus date=1480427856you have the right mindset. in the end only things that matter are the mirro and how you feel. weight is a indirect measure, not important in and of itself 9unless when in extremes)

so true. whenever i'm cutting i feel like i'm too small and whenever i'm bulking i feel like i'm too fat. so i'm debating throwing bulking and cutting out the window.

bossman date=1480773159 said:
so true. whenever i'm cutting i feel like i'm too small and whenever i'm bulking i feel like i'm too fat. so i'm debating throwing bulking and cutting out the window.
bossman date=1480773159all this bulking or cutting that the whole bbing community has is a binary black or white level of view of the world. balance is the key. all of us know when we bulk and tink next sunmmer we will be epic it pans out we gained 12 ounces of muscle to look pretty much the same the next year but being out of shape for 9+months.
i say if you arent going to be a pro and 99.999% arent, just make sure to look good and feel good. and for this no extreme cutting or bulking is needed. these ups and down are super unhealthy also. nobody cares if we are 3pounds heavier or lighter, not 1 single person. just enjoy life and balance it all out.

i try to never go too extreme anyway; my bulks and cuts end up being not too much different because i tweak things and can only eat so much or so little. i'm only doing this for fun, after all. no need to starve myself or eat until i'm ill.

Great advice there drakonrep. ..exactly what I'm trying to do ...look good...feel good... stay sane....

Really just want to stay lean ... as an older guy...it helps me look better to be lean

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

drakonrep said:
all this bulking or cutting that the whole bbing community has is a binary black or white level of view of the world. balance is the key. all of us know when we bulk and tink next sunmmer we will be epic it pans out we gained 12 ounces of muscle to look pretty much the same the next year but being out of shape for 9+months.
i say if you arent going to be a pro and 99.999% arent, just make sure to look good and feel good. and for this no extreme cutting or bulking is needed. these ups and down are super unhealthy also. nobody cares if we are 3pounds heavier or lighter, not 1 single person. just enjoy life and balance it all out.
drakonrepGreat solid advice here. I seen guys year after year get big and nasty in the off-season only to come in looking exactly the same or worst.
Consistency is the true key.

krustus date=1480780873 said:
Great advice there drakonrep. ..exactly what I'm trying to do ...look good...feel good... stay sane....

Really just want to stay lean ... as an older guy...it helps me look better to be lean

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
krustus date=1480780873i really think lean is the way to go once you are north of 40. not really wanting to be carrying all that extra weight and risking a heart attack. that being said, i do have a bunch of test and heavy orals waiting for me! 🙂

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.