Lean Diet Critique 4 Upcoming Cycle

WOW...What can I say, you guys are awesum & i thank each & every one of you for your advice...My goal from the beginning was to drop as much weight & fat as i could before i started any plan...I started off a month ago at 209lbs & as of today im sitting at 179lbs...Now i know by losing that much weight in such a short time period, i sacrificed muscle mass, but at the end of rhe day, i was just not feeling healthy & was very lathargic with no energy whatsoever...My current BMR at 179lbs is 2768Kcals/D, but im sure ill drop down just a bit more before i start my cycle...im going to incorporate Kai's suggestions & draw up a new plan & ill post it up here once im done...@Jinko the reason im not starting Test E sooner is that right now im cruising at Test E 150mg/Wk...Ill make my adjustments & post them here...Thanks again my EG family for helping me out...SemprFi

WOW...What can I say, you guys are awesum & i thank each & every one of you for your advice...My goal from the beginning was to drop as much weight & fat as i could before i started any plan...I started off a month ago at 209lbs & as of today im sitting at 179lbs...Now i know by losing that much weight in such a short time period, i sacrificed muscle mass, but at the end of rhe day, i was just not feeling healthy & was very lathargic with no energy whatsoever...My current BMR at 179lbs is 2768Kcals/D, but im sure ill drop down just a bit more before i start my cycle...im going to incorporate Kai's suggestions & draw up a new plan & ill post it up here once im done...@Jinko the reason im not starting Test E sooner is that right now im cruising at Test E 150mg/Wk...Ill make my adjustments & post them here...Thanks again my EG family for helping me out...SemprFi
SemprFi95One thing brother you may know, all the crap not being able to gain muscle and loose fat at the same time is bullshit and your type of metabolism would play a part or you will have to do some fine tunning. I am lets just say 5'5 I may have shrunk an inch lol. I have been sitting at 225 to 230 holding to much body fat but with or without tren I have done this.....stayed the same weight but leaned up which equals loosing fat and gaining muscle at the same time. I used somewhat heavy weights say the seated hammer row I think it would fit 5 plates on each side and that would be my last set I would pyramid up to, you would go with weights you could handle obviously, so I would start out with a plate on each side and higher reps and end up with 10 plates and however many reps I could get be it 5 or 10. Just giving you an idea, with tren makes it easier to do this but it can be done without tren as I have stayed the same weight and watched my abs start materializing week by week. Hope this helps or maybe motivates 🙂.....
Oh I have always been a proponent of pyramiding up by starting with light weight and 20 to 30 reps then finishing with heavy weight and 5 or 6 reps also keeps you from actually maxing so the chance of injury is lessened.

It does get harder the more you reach genetic potential. I however myself am fully rebuilding from being side lined and staying between 242-248 the entire time. Gained a ton of muscle and leaned up a lot.
GRIMAwesome, now that is what I am talking about, hell yea!!!

My Real question here after going over and reading most of this... Is why so much supplemental Protein. I personally don't mind a shake during the day for my clients... but not 3. Whole food is always going to be your best choice for nutritional fueling. Again, Like Kai, this is only my take on this from my point of view. I always try to feed the client the best way possible to reach the goal... For myself for instance, I'm 5'8'', 190lb. High training age.. I'm in a lean bulk (slightly less than Lean) with 6 meals and 290gm protein on non training days and 265 on training days. I utilize 1 protein shake. I also add 15gm protein powder to my yogurt mid morning, but that's it for supplemental protein. The rest comes from whole food sources like Chicken, Egg & egg whites, Pork Tenderloin or Lean Beef or Ground Turkey. Also from Yogurt and Cottage Cheese as well.

I love the mixed veggies in there, you absolutely cannot get enough of those. I'm also real glad to see you left that whole 105gm of carbs thing you intially proposed. That would have left you miserable and unable to function properly eventually.

TSizeMore thanks for the advice brotha...What would be a great meal to eat before bed? And the two shakes back to back are Pre & PostWorkout, but would you also suggest eating whole foods Pre also & again what type of meal would you suggest?

A casein protein source before bed would be a real good idea. Something like Cottage cheese on Ezekiel toast for instance. You could also spread some Walden Farm's 0 calorie grape (or any flavor) jelly on it as well. Generally, try to keep fats down before entering a fasting period, letting the casein protein and complex carb fuel that time period. Fats would be ok in more of a Mass bulking period.

The Pre workout meal just depends on your timing. If you have an hour or so before the workout, then you could go with some solid sources of foods. But, if you only have 15-30 minutes then you're kind of limited with what you can do. Personally, I've seen more optimum results from the Pre workout meal being something like a banana and protein shake, but the Post workout being solid Protein with a mix of Starch and simple carb. For example, Flank steak with sweet potatoes drizzled with 1tbsp Honey.

One side note to mention, because I don't recall if it has been talked about... You need to make sure your water intake is where it needs to be. For you, minimum of 1 gal per day, and you could stand more

AWESOME advice TSizeMore...ok yeah Pre-WO meal will be probably bout 2-3hrs before I workout, so was thinking maybe a can of Tuna w/2 SaltFree Brown Rice Cakes? And before bed Cottage Cheese w/2 slices of EB, but NO PB? And no need to worry bout my water intake, just at work i drink a gallon...lol

AWESOME advice TSizeMore...ok yeah Pre-WO meal will be probably bout 2-3hrs before I workout, so was thinking maybe a can of Tuna w/2 SaltFree Brown Rice Cakes? And before bed Cottage Cheese w/2 slices of EB, but NO PB? And no need to worry bout my water intake, just at work i drink a gallon...lol
SemprFi95Pre workout meal imo should be no more than a hour before the workout. Your body would be digesting the food within an hour an throughout the workout providing needed energy for the workout. If you took it three hours prior then it really would not do much good cause you would have broken most of it down already.
I never eat a pre workout meal longer than a hour before a workout unless it's a big meal with a ton of meats and whole foods in it.

Pre workout meal imo should be no more than a hour before the workout. Your body would be digesting the food within an hour an throughout the workout providing needed energy for the workout. If you took it three hours prior then it really would not do much good cause you would have broken most of it down already.
I never eat a pre workout meal longer than a hour before a workout unless it's a big meal with a ton of meats and whole foods in it.
GoProGoPro.... sorry to somewhat disagree. The digestive system doesn't work that quick. It takes up to 3 hours to break down, efficiently digest a meal, filter through the liver, and turn into glycogen for placement. In fact, any meal that you eat within 45min - 60min isn't actually fueling your body for the workout you are doing... (there are some exceptions.. things like raw honey for instance). The meals you eat 4 hours or more are the primary fuel sources being utilized. Now, don't get me wrong, I eat my preworkout about an an hour or less before my workout, as well, But, it's always a quick, simple carb mixed with a slightly more complex carb and protein source. This ensures nutrients are available in the post recovery phase. Basically, existing glycogen already present in the muscles and the liver are utilized. The new fuel is (preworkout meal) is "Cached" and processed then allocated to available openings for storage if there is room.

I'm somewhat agree and disagree both with you @TSizemore
Using two shakes or more isn't necessary and I don't like to compare that with actual real food. As a Preworkout I like to have an easily digestible meal. A good to go meal like yogurt mix with whey Iso, rice cakes with jam. That can easily digestible and provides ton of energy.
Also you're right on meal timings for pre - Intra - post and for a Preworkout meal I like to meal time it 2 hours before atleast.
I'm also big on insulin sensitivity. I can say that by experience the older you be the harder to consume enormous amounts. And the harder you push the worsen insulin sensitivity could be.
You don't like to be full with food in your stomach while training.
Eg- 40 to 50gm of protein and 50 to 80gm of carbs with less to none fats (I'll explain it later in this post why no fats) can be easily digest by the time of workout, loaded and ready to perform.
Now here comes the Intraworkout nutrition. I like to add EAA with some sort of fast acting carbs like Gatorade, Coconut water or Cyclodextrin and time them specifically and consume it asap.
Reason why to time them? Plenty of us just sip the intra's through out the workout and then have an shake or meal for the sake of anabolic window where the blood sugar is really high and in the end affects insulin sensitivity.
The Postworkout meal - Our typical meal is Chicken and Rice and that's what we actually needs but that's not the only way right?
I gave him an example of whey Iso and Careals. Adding whey Iso in post is very individual based. If that's makes them on track and don't have any more carb or sugar cravings later by the day.
Other thing I don't like to add any sort of carb Powders in Postworkout as they tend to digest quick but raise blood sugars.
I also like to check on blood glucose after the training, make a pattern and then adjust meal timings and quantity.
I hope plenty of us can rephrase this (The more you eat the more you grow)
But that's not right all the time. The smarter you eat the more you grow. I have seen people grow on 3000 calories where there set calories is 4000. You gonna build blood glucose with every meal. And that's my scenario for meal timing is to digest the meal before and then eat the next one.
You can't absorb the nutrients if you pound meals after meals and your blood glucose is 150 at the end right?

Now lets bring the fats part, i like to have some of the good essential fats at the end of the day on my clients programs. Yes that's not the only way, you can have it in Preworkout meal but then I won't recommend the Intra drinks.
Fats slows the breakdown and what we need is the complete opposite. We need to crank up the system and absorb all the nutrients by the start of workout and have all aminos into muscles not into the stomach.

This is somewhat i have learned by the top coaches of USA and have trail and error it to makes it perfect. Every individual is different and takes time to fine tune their diets for their own benefits.

Good info here. Glad to get different view points and experience!

There's some Excellent Material in this Post Semperfi95. Some real good viewpoints all backed with experience instead of a book. This a hugely complex issue, which is why only us 5%'ers are ever walking around jacked. If it were easy to understand and apply, then everybody would be on point. There is so much to absorb, but the main and fundamental point across all of these posts... You have to eat and fuel the best for YOUR BODY! Take the basics you've read and learned here... Carbs, Proteins, and Fats. (which I'm in total aggreement with Kai on his Fats application) and pay special attention on how your body responds. Make sure you log your daily routine, and all your bio-feedback markers. Only then will you be able to chart your progress/or lack of and know exactly what caused the outcome.

There's some Excellent Material in this Post Semperfi95. Some real good viewpoints all backed with experience instead of a book. This a hugely complex issue, which is why only us 5%'ers are ever walking around jacked. If it were easy to understand and apply, then everybody would be on point. There is so much to absorb, but the main and fundamental point across all of these posts... You have to eat and fuel the best for YOUR BODY! Take the basics you've read and learned here... Carbs, Proteins, and Fats. (which I'm in total aggreement with Kai on his Fats application) and pay special attention on how your body responds. Make sure you log your daily routine, and all your bio-feedback markers. Only then will you be able to chart your progress/or lack of and know exactly what caused the outcome.
TSizemoreBravo brotha.

I am glad TS brought the protein issue up, I have never been a shake pounder and years ago I had an x Mr Universe tell me that you need to get most all you nutrients from real food if you can including protein. Thanks TS, I forget things like this sometimes. LOL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.