Macro percentages?

40/40/20 worked well for me when we worked with our old friend.

The 33 grams of protein each meal breaks down to 1 gram protein per 1 lb of body weight. I do not believe I need to run any more then this for protein.

sityslicker1 said:
Aside from all the nutrient benefits (hormone production, cell membranes, and absorption of fat soluble vitamins, improve lipid profile, etc..) I assuming you mean for those with insulin resistance?

It been over 10 yrs since I took a nutrition course, but I do remember something about not letting fats drop below 10% of total calories for the day.
sityslicker1
I went to the doctor about a month ago for a ear infection and asked the dr for some ambian to help me on nights I could sleep good. I didn't tell her about gear, anyway I got a big lecture that I don't sleep good because guys like me that spend time at the gym and dieting don't have enough fat in our diets. That fats should make up 20% of my total calories per day.

Wacker said:
I went to the doctor about a month ago for a ear infection and asked the dr for some ambian to help me on nights I could sleep good. I didn't tell her about gear, anyway I got a big lecture that I don't sleep good because guys like me that spend time at the gym and dieting don't have enough fat in our diets. That fats should make up 20% of my total calories per day.
Wacker
yep.. at least...

This is why I prefaced my post with "I'm not a dietician" I know this may sound odd to you guys but I don't "track" this stuff much anymore because I have hired Homegrown. He tells me what to do and I do it. I do have a macro breakdown obviously but he gives me meal options and how many meals to eat and I follow it. I leave the science up to him. So have I become reliant, yes. Am I achieving my goals, absolutely. As long as I execute the plan. It shows big time when I have a bad week of execution, as well as showing big time when I execute well.

JM750 said:
The 33 grams of protein each meal breaks down to 1 gram protein per 1 lb of body weight. I do not believe I need to run any more then this for protein.
JM750
I would say that is plenty.

Just for the record, I edited my earlier post.
"I said 2g(sometimes 2.5-3g) of protein/body lb everyday for 15 years."

Actually, I misspoke.
What I meant to say is that I ate 200g(sometimes 250-300grams) of protein EVERYDAY for 15 years.
And this is the amount that got me in trouble. That was 1g to 1.5g/ body lb.

I went from 168lb(age 21) to 228lb&sometimes heavier(age 35), and then started having problems.
btw, I never touched gear until I was 29(and weighed 205), and quit drinking permanently when I did.

Anyway, with my experience and if I could do it over, I would NEVER go over 1g/body lb., but would go with less, actually.
With the problems I had, it took about 5 years to start feeling better; and now, with about 3 years of training again, I weigh 190-195lb and only eat 60g-80g(about .3-.4g/bdylb) of protein on non-training days and 100g-125g(.5-.6g) on heavy training days(and the day after). It works just fine, and any more than that and I'll feel like crap.

Sorry, probably more info than you wanted to know, I just don't want anyone to have these problems I've had.

I hope this helps,
ZS

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.