NFL Draft

We turned the country over to corporate America about 40 years ago. The promise of increased wages and better jobs if gave them the keys to city. The average CEO prior to that made 30 times the average worker. Now it’s anywhere from 300 and up to 1000 times. We bought into this lie again and gave them an additional 14% tax brake and gave the upper 20% tax cuts that don’t expire. The lower 80% expires in 10 years. As our 1% masters demand we go back to salt mines to save their wealth. Go risk your lives so that they can save their wealth and pay you a non living wage. They chose greed over patriotism when they shipped jobs overseas and where encouraged to do so with additional tax brakes. So you can’t buy the 200 foot yacht but have settle on the 100 foot yacht. By hiring someone overseas at slave wages and no healthcare. Hide money in overseas accounts to avoid paying taxes. Everything runs the way it does because we’ve been convinced if we give them the keys they will invite us into the city and give us seat at the table. Your welcome to table, so long as to serve them.

@Jinko What I'm asking is how much is enough for these guys...it never is. I know that we ALL want bigger salaries but I am content on what I make in my profession.

Yes sir J, We were kids when all this took place but really it had been happening over time before that I believe.

None of them give a flip about this country or the the working class, the actual ones that carry the load, they are traitors to America and it's people and are selling out this country for wealth, they have no country the rich just occupy spaces. They would sell us all into slavery if they could, I mean hollywierd is nothing but a bunch of rich perverts out of touch with "We The People" and could care less. I remember back when Bush was President or his wife was..LOL, they caught him saying not to throw the constitution in his face, it was nothing but a goddamn piece of paper.
The rich oil rancher....he is a piece of trash.

Some what but look polices that became the norm in last 40 years

I think most of us do stuff others would consider weird. As your income goes up, I suspect it is easier to indulge those “weird” behaviors. When you don’t have to worry about your next meal or how you’ll keep a roff over your head you can indulge that side. Your mind is free to wonder.

@01dragonslayer To be a pro athlete you’ve got to be driven. Like being a CEO, or top of any profession. I bought really cool house a few years back. Granite, hard floors, shower that fits 3 people (I know cause I’ve have haha). Next place I want more. Outdoor kitchen fire pits, in ground hot tub.
That drive is also what a lot us take to gym. Constant push to be leaner, stronger, more muscular.
But hey man I totally get what your saying and respect. Great open respectful conversation is part of what makes this country great.

If you ever get a chance to watch the move 'Concussion'. Great flick about the All-Pro center who played with the Steelers and about the events that led to his death.

Talk about humble....Drew Brees has donated millions to the research, development and relief of the COVID crisis.

....be contend on what you have rather than what you don't.

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have.

I will do brother, I always loved the movie, "Brian Song". Brian Piccolo and Gayle Sayers, different but a good movie based around sports and caring.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.