REVERSE DIET AFTER A CUT

krustus

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
anybody ever done this?.. seems like a solid way to remain cut and get back to eating a little more after dropping fat|?

theory is as you diet we all know the metabolism will compensate and slow down...adaptation,... and you must cut some more or exercise more....

well it also adapts in the other direction... if you go up slowly in calories...and let your body adapt slowly... and start slowly reducing the cardio.. that your metabolism will adapt to the higher cals..

sounds good...but i have never done it and don't know anyone that has to get real world feedback on how it works...

krustus said:
anybody ever done this?.. seems like a solid way to remain cut and get back to eating a little more after dropping fat|?

theory is as you diet we all know the metabolism will compensate and slow down...adaptation,... and you must cut some more or exercise more....

well it also adapts in the other direction... if you go up slowly in calories...and let your body adapt slowly... and start slowly reducing the cardio.. that your metabolism will adapt to the higher cals..

sounds good...but i have never done it and don't know anyone that has to get real world feedback on how it works...
krustus
Its never worked for me Krustus. After this last cut I was primed to put on a little size so thats what I have been doing. I am eating a little above maintenance on a cruise but I know that if I do not push it to the limit and still do a little cardio, I will pack on the pounds. There is no way I can ever eat more without putting on fat if I do not keep up the intense workouts. Once I dial down the cals out, its over.

I suppose your body could adapt to higher cals because you are lifting heavier weight and have more muscle mass or just plain working out longer. I know I eat more now than I ever have and can stay fairly lean but that is slowly over the course of time.

once you reach your goal weight you have to now adjust to what's maintenance to the new weight, not eat a little more remembering what life was like 10 lbs heavier

or do what i do... eat so damn much you feel like your going to burst but it's all healthy and raises metabolism.. damn i've eaten three time and have three more to go plus exercise tonight

krustus said:

krustusI have. Everytime I cut, or done contest prep. It's the best way to maintain physique after any type of extreme dieting. I've posted studies on it here, but, they're probably buried pretty deep.

Are we talking about slowly returning cals to normalish range so you are not starving, or upping the cals after a cut...?

Slowly and methodically upping the cals... like 5 to 10 percent every few weeks

Everyones metabolism is so different it's hard to say. I have to eat insane amounts of food just too maintain my about 170-175lbs. To add weight slowly even I'm at 4500-5000 cals minimum. Gets hard to eat much more then that. Lol

krustus said:
Slowly and methodically upping the cals... like 5 to 10 percent every few weeks
krustusAt the Caloric level he's at.....20% to start off would be ideal. But, no extra fats...add it in with carbs and proteins. Don't add extra fats in for a few weeks, and then at small levels. You'll need to see how your body adapts. If you start seeing fat deposits developing, you'll need to start adding some extra fats in at that point.

Folks like TK.... there metabolism has adapted to the higher cals so it takes even mores cals to gain... if a fatter guy dieted down to TKs 170... his metabolic rate would probably be much slower...and a slow reverse diet would allow him to slowly add cals without adding body fat

misterB said:
once you reach your goal weight you have to now adjust to what's maintenance to the new weight, not eat a little more remembering what life was like 10 lbs heavier
misterB

you nailed it. no short cuts. its a lifestyle adjustment to be lean, if not naturally lean, year around.

if you dont want to suffer as much and add back on weight gradually without so much fat gain, lessen or drop the cardio first and keep the diet strict. you need to hold this condition for a good several months to est. a new set point to avoid a sloppy rebound.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.