RockShawn on vacation

It makes me wanna do something about it, but when you look at the fact that such a high percentage is obese, it seems insurmountable.

Please don't think I make fun either. It's just sad seeing even some of these young girls so large. In fact I was thinking about the government spending list Hanzo posted and I came to the conclusion that women may become lesbians because they are overweight and are either not wanted or feel not wanted by guys. But really the guys were just as bad.

im not making excuses for them @ all here just bringing up a point..

it's fng expensive to eat healthy.

But..most of them do it cause prepared food is easier, although shitty for you and grease tastes so good 'until' you rearrange your palette..of course general overall laziness sure don't help..

GRIM said:

But..most of them do it cause prepared food is easier, although shitty for you and grease tastes so good 'until' you rearrange your palette..of course general overall laziness sure don't help..
GRIMI don't really buy the its too expensive thing. My food is expensive because of the amounts right now. Now during prep I spent about 40$ a week on me. That's like 8 meals eating fast food if you stay on the dollar menu. Vegetables are cheap, fruit a little higher potatoes, rice (even uncle bens) cheap. Chicken- fairly cheap. Turkey tenderloin or ground turkey- little higher. Steak is the most expensive. Families can make healthy slow cooker meals that feed a family of 5 for a few days even.

Boils down to there isn't much care. I mean really, I was the odd man out, if anyone should have felt self conscience it was me. They all looked the same.

RockShawn said:
GRIM said:

GRIMI don't really buy the its too expensive thing. My food is expensive because of the amounts right now. Now during prep I spent about 40$ a week on me. That's like 8 meals eating fast food if you stay on the dollar menu. Vegetables are cheap, fruit a little higher potatoes, rice (even uncle bens) cheap. Chicken- fairly cheap. Turkey tenderloin or ground turkey- little higher. Steak is the most expensive. Families can make healthy slow cooker meals that feed a family of 5 for a few days even.

Boils down to there isn't much care. I mean really, I was the odd man out, if anyone should have felt self conscience it was me. They all looked the same.

Depends on what you call healthy. If you try to buy all your food from, let's say Whole Foods, and it's organic .... yes, your weekly grocery bill will double, at least. That's not even getting in to grass-fed beef, chicken, butter, free range eggs, etc.

Hanzo said:
RockShawn said:
GRIM said:

Depends on what you call healthy. If you try to buy all your food from, let's say Whole Foods, and it's organic .... yes, your weekly grocery bill will double, at least. That's not even getting in to grass-fed beef, chicken, butter, free range eggs, etc.
Very true

fresh veggies and lean meat is much higher than processed food.
I can't afford the lean meats myself...

GRIM said:
fresh veggies and lean meat is much higher than processed food.
I can't afford the lean meats myself...
GRIM
Yup. Processed foods are subsidized to keep the prices very low

it's amazing all the high fructose corn syrup!

GRIM said:
it's amazing all the high fructose corn syrup!
GRIM
Yeah, before the advent of HFCS real sugar was probably the most subsidized product. That shit is in everything nowadays.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.