Show prep question for competitors

ajdonutz

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
I will be doing my first show this year and I'm curious, to those of you here that compete, how long of a prep do you allow yourself? And how well do you think that allows you your time needed to come in diced? Just curious, still playing around with my prep

16 weeks is a good prep duration if you are 15-18% bf in my opinion. I would say 20 weeks if it's your first time and you are unsure how your body will react to certain diet changes. To me, If you're essentially "ready" a few weeks ahead, then you can breath easy and fine tune.

Thanks rock. I'm still 25 weeks out at the moment, I've been dieting at 3600 calories per day for 2.5 weeks and dropped from 253 to 240. Calipers currently say I'm 13%, which is say ir actually pretty accurate the moment, I'd say I'm between 13-15ish. I'm considering keeping cals between 3600-4000 and having a couple weekly cheats and maintaining 240-242 up until 16 weeks out. What do you think?

your cutting cals is more than my bulking :/

when im prepping for a show i usually do about 16 weeks. when is your show if you dont mind me asking because i'm actually about 20 weeks out

16 weeks is what I scheduled in...and is plenty adequate if your 13-15%

If you're already at that body fat, then definitely keep your calories where you're at until that time. It's always better to eat into a show, then starve into it.
This is my first show, and that's the premise I'm working on.

ajordana said:
Thanks rock. I'm still 25 weeks out at the moment, I've been dieting at 3600 calories per day for 2.5 weeks and dropped from 253 to 240. Calipers currently say I'm 13%, which is say ir actually pretty accurate the moment, I'd say I'm between 13-15ish. I'm considering keeping cals between 3600-4000 and having a couple weekly cheats and maintaining 240-242 up until 16 weeks out. What do you think?
ajordanaI think you have a real good handle on it. I like the idea of waiting. The other thing to think about, if you can keep shedding fat with food right now without muscle loss, you don't have to do as much cardio. So if at 16 weeks out you are 10%ish your cardio time won't be 2 hrs a day. Lol. Like my fat ass needs to be.

Awesome. Thanks guys. I have no idea where I'll come in at.. I'd like to be middle of the heavies, but if I drop below 215 I'll just come in peeled at the top of light heavies, either way at 5'10 with my tiny ass frame either weight class I'll look pretty large. Just came off a month cruise and getting back in, up ping dose and swapping compounds as I go. The aas and training definitely won't be where I have issues. lol

16 weeks, get your posing down...mandatories, build a routine with 60 seconds of music, have fun!!! Can't wait to get back on stage!!!

Also another question, what kinds of routine do I need? There's a mandatory round of just mandatories for 15 sec right? And what do I need for my other round?

ajordana said:
Also another question, what kinds of routine do I need? There's a mandatory round of just mandatories for 15 sec right? And what do I need for my other round?
ajordanaA customized posing routine, set to the music that MuscleAddiction told you that you needed.

You will have a set of mandatory poses and "relaxed" poses for the pre-judging. Then the evening round or finals you will need a routine 60 seconds to music of your choice, make sure it is clean or you will be disqualified. Look on Bodybuilding dot com for examples.

Awesome thanks guys. And for mandatories/ relaxed they will call for each pose right?

RockShawn said:
You will have a set of mandatory poses and "relaxed" poses for the pre-judging. Then the evening round or finals you will need a routine 60 seconds to music of your choice, make sure it is clean or you will be disqualified. Look on Bodybuilding dot com for examples.
RockShawn
Just don't use this song; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_6x3EW3FC0

That's Rocko's favorite, puts him in the mood to pose fierce !!

ajordana said:
Awesome thanks guys. And for mandatories/ relaxed they will call for each pose right?
ajordana
Yes they will call the mandatories.

Know your relaxed poses!! They will just keep asking you to keep turning on these and it goes fast. If your overlooked in your relaxed poses you might not get an early callout and you can kiss top 3 good bye

Take your time on your routine. Most guys don't hold poses long enough before they move to the next pose (I was one of these guys)
Do poses that best show your physique enjoy it, the judging is already done at this point.

Awesome. Thanks jshredz. Ill start looking around more at the poses I need and watch some videos. If any of you have ant good links for info they'd be much appreciated.

ajordana said:
Awesome. Thanks jshredz. Ill start looking around more at the poses I need and watch some videos. If any of you have ant good links for info they'd be much appreciated.
ajordanaTry Michael Faba, he shows all the mandatory poses and different ways to enter into them.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7E80930DD8241C32

This is really cool AJ, your 1st competition. Like JShredz said, don't rush and enjoy it. Solid advice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.