Traditional tie or bow tie??

homegrown

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
Mutated
EG Cash
So in almost exactly a month i will be getting married and I was wondering what tie to go with and i wanted some opinions... Im not wearing the traditional tuxedo.. I had a 3 piece suit made and instead of black its midnight blue... Very light pink shirt and the lining of the jacket is also pink... I have to dress this thing up so this is what im thinking----> Pink pocket square, pocket watch to go with the vest (not sure about gold or silver watch) light brown wingtips (faded not just tan almost antique).. Where im lost is the tie.. Do i go traditional long necktie or do I go bow tie? I can even take 2 different bow ties and use half of one and half of the other and have a two tone. Our wedding is antique/vintage style, not modern in anyway so im almost trying to fit the style of the atmosphere.. Any ideas?? Suggestions??

I'd say pink traditional to match the pocket square. Tucked in the vest. Sounds cool. Where's my invitation?

Thanks for the input! I was somewhat thinking that too... Have to look at my options this weekend.. Finding a GOOD assortment of x-long ties is a bitch.. All you normal sized guys can go to nordstroms and get everything and have about 200 ties to choose from. The other day when i went i had about 12 to choose from.
Your invitation?!!? haha.. It got lost in the mail im sure.. If you were immediate family you would be there.. We set out to have a small family only wedding. While 95% of our wedding IS family its far from small.. At last count there were ~70 rsvp's... Not what we had set out to have at all!! If we could afford it everyone would be invited. Even GRIM!

Bowtie!! You're going antique.....bowtie is def. the way to go. I'm not much for a bowtie, but sounds like this would look real good.

RockShawn said:
Oh I see how it is 🙂.

With a vest you don't need an extra long.
RockShawnYa but why spend the money on something you cant wear again?! If i buy something its to use.. Regular ties if tied correctly go just below my sternum..

TSizemore said:
Bowtie!! You're going antique.....bowtie is def. the way to go. I'm not much for a bowtie, but sounds like this would look real good.
TSizemoreExactly.. this was my initial thought.. My only thing is that i have never worn one.. Do i need a bigger (wider) one so it doesn't look funny on me? Its just like wrist watches.. I have a small collection but one thing they almost al have in common is that the faces are bigger than normal.. Not absurdly large but they are larger. Normal sized watches make me look like im wearing a womans watch..

HG , Congrats bro !!! Do not go with a two-toned bow tie bro !!!

homegrown said:
Exactly.. this was my initial thought.. My only thing is that i have never worn one.. Do i need a bigger (wider) one so it doesn't look funny on me? Its just like wrist watches.. I have a small collection but one thing they almost al have in common is that the faces are bigger than normal.. Not absurdly large but they are larger. Normal sized watches make me look like im wearing a womans watch..
homegrownMedium bow tie.......the large ones just aren't antique, they're comical

Hmmmmm tricky..... Vest...... Maybe bowtie ....... I like the mobster look with a vest and traditional tie.
Traditional for me!

First off congrats. I say bow tie. My aunt is gettin married in a month as well and I will be wearing a bow tie!

morrey said:
First off congrats. I say bow tie. My aunt is gettin married in a month as well and I will be wearing a bow tie!
morreyStarting to lean this way more and more. Pretty much most of the stuff in the wedding looks vintage/prohibition era..

I was just at a wedding where the groom and groomsmen wore bow ties. It looked fine. Stick with silk for a wedding in my opinion. Maybe a pink with white stripes or small polka dots.

Check out www.thetiebar.com

Baited said:
I was just at a wedding where the groom and groomsmen wore bow ties. It looked fine. Stick with silk for a wedding in my opinion. Maybe a pink with white stripes or small polka dots.

Check out www.thetiebar.com
BaitedBest selection i have seen yet! thx

Traditional suit, I would go w a traditional tie. That's just my opinion. Or you could always do a bolo tie to match your wing tips??

NO TIE
where a bib!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.