UFC 168: Weidman vs. Silva 2

RS50

Jacked
Jacked Immortal
Mutated
EG Cash
UFC 168: Weidman vs. Silva 2
I think Weidman will take it again, he was winning the last fight by rounds anyway before he KO Silva.

I'd really like to see the dude win it again as well! He's got some serious skills for sure

You know Sylva is going to be A LOT more prepared for this one than the last one. He won't go down as easy!

I hate to disappoint you all but Silva in terms of pure talent wins hands down then retires......he has been totally unmotivated his last few outings....the loss is what he needed. My buddy and his wife are coming over tonight to watch this with us.....let's hope Roussy wears an even smaller top this time! Hot girls scrapping, is the real reason I'm ordering the fights!

flyingfox said:
I hate to disappoint you all but Silva in terms of pure talent wins hands down then retires......he has been totally unmotivated his last few outings....the loss is what he needed. My buddy and his wife are coming over tonight to watch this with us.....let's hope Roussy wears an even smaller top this time! Hot girls scrapping, is the real reason I'm ordering the fights!
flyingfoxYep. I dunno what fight you were watching but Silva was to the point of taunting and making Weidman look stupid before Weidman kod him, which the taunt and lack of taking weidmans presence seriously is where Weidman drew an opening and ended it. Silva will take this one seriously and be the best Silva weve seen in a while and make Weidman look like an amateur.

I HOPE Chris Weidman wins it again but I'm with ajordana on this one if Silva doesn't play around with the taunting crappie Weidman will have serious fight on his hands!

I just wanna watch them get bloody!

That outcome wasnt what anyone wanted... what a shitty thing to happen to cause a loss and probably end a career.. he probably would have won the fight, that was probably the nastiest injury I've ever seen

Welp, sure didn't see that one comin lol. i knew there would be some odd shit like that happening instead of he wins/loses. just like with the korean zombie vs aldo fight. Was going to be an awesome fight but zombie throw his arm out... weidman was giving him the boots pretty good tho in that first round, almost had him out.

BigKev said:
FUCK Silva....finally got dealt his hand..twice....arrogant fuck
BigKevKev he is confident and it comes off as cocky..hes actually very humblr if u ever hear him speak...the guy his a martial arts grand master in terms of skill. .he reall s light years ahead of opponents in skill catagkry...my firwt instructor grand master john pellegrini used to do me that way, I would try to hit him and he would move so fast it made me feel stupid. .never was able to land a single strile on him..but whem he unleashed he would drop me on my ass in seconds. Most the guyw in ifc hare not true martial artist..some are but majority of guys now are cage fighters and are not masterimg any particular discipline of martial arts...silva is the bruce lee off y2k

Lol Silva got messed up. I was in Vegas that weekend. My friend ran into Silva's camp the next day. He tried talking to them they were like who the fuck are you?. Man Those guys were such assholes. Nothing against Brazilians but the ones i see at MMA events are cocky mother fuckers.

I've rolled w him before... He is VERY cocky but it's all part of his mental game... He is very good but the ufc sheltered him as he was their poster boy. He says he'll come back but even if he does he won't do much. His chin is done hrs can easy knockout. And we've all seen him wrestle.

Sheltered him he devistated the entire top 10 contenders in middleweight category. .
I think many people dont get why he figbts the way he does. ..he uses
80% mental game 20% strikes on his opponents. He gauges their speed and reach then taunts them into openijg up on him which allows a counter strike that finishes people.. every fighter has a plan coming into the figbt he is a master of taking them out of that plan and making themselges vulnerable. ..silva got to careless in first fight and got caught it was bound to happen wiedman was jist fortunate to be the one to do it...the second fight silva beat himself..it should have beem called no contest and no win or loss awarder...wiedman would retain belt.......silva demonstrated with sonnen in first fight that he fac turn the tide of figbt and win at last minute..to say wiedman did anything the second fight to proge he is better than silva is ridiculous. ....
I personally dont tbink silva will be able to fight again..assuming they put rods or pins or some shit in his leg..he maynot be abke to get medical clearance plus I doubt that leg will ever be the same ...
As for cocky brazillians..chango u know most of them dont speak english amr many speak Portuguese. .meaning they have no clue what ur saying to them...could be an explications for them seeming rude..lol
Anywho im willing to bet wiedman doesnt make more than 2 or title defenses...thats if he can get past
His next opponent whos a BEAST amd their fighting styles are similar. .so we shall see how good he is...but he will never live up to silvas championship reign.

Oh and I may add if u watch second fight closely when wiedman clocks silva in ear with looping right and silva seems to drop to ground as if hurt...I dont beliege he was hirt..silva never loosens geip on wiedman and drags him down in controlled manner..I think he was playing possum.
No real way to prove it but his lets dont go wobby and he never seemed dazed onfe they got up..none of the
Obvious signs of being hurt were evident. ...but we may never know who the better of those two are. Cause wiedman will lose the belt before silva ever returns if he does at all

Blueedge said:
Kev he is confident and it comes off as cocky..hes actually very humblr if u ever hear him speak...the guy his a martial arts grand master in terms of skill. .he reall s light years ahead of opponents in skill catagkry...my firwt instructor grand master john pellegrini used to do me that way, I would try to hit him and he would move so fast it made me feel stupid. .never was able to land a single strile on him..but whem he unleashed he would drop me on my ass in seconds. Most the guyw in ifc hare not true martial artist..some are but majority of guys now are cage fighters and are not masterimg any particular discipline of martial arts...silva is the bruce lee off y2k
BlueedgeBruce Lee ....my ass
No comparison

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DghW3qL80Ig

Silva didn't beat himself... He threw a leg kick and was countered... If someone shoots in and catches a knee does that mean they also beat themselves? It probably wasn't the plan to break his leg but checking is a big part of defense he's good don't get me wrong but I've never liked that class and I believe Henderson should have beat him and is a much better fighter. I don't like the long layoffs he takes that's y I say he's sheltered

Checking the leg kick was great defense but breaking his leg was a freak accident. .ive been checked with same kick amd caught the persons knee many times..it hurts but its no fight ender by any means..in the 20 years or so of the ufc it has never happened and u will probably never see it happen again on tv...thats why I say he beat himself..the freak break took him out, have any of u considered he may have already had a fracture in that leg and not known it.. ? Its very possible he injured itin the recent weeks and never realized it was hairline fractured. ....that or the stars just aligned and he hit the sweet spot with enough force...wiedman using a knee was no astonishing finishing move he was just as sunrised as the rest of us...
And yes bruce lee of this era...his ability to read an opponent and his freaky fast strikes alomv with the level of power he exerts which he makes looks effortless put him a category very few will ever reach...ive been a fight sports participatant and committed fan for 21 years ..I watch everything! Judo, kickboxing,boxing,kung fu demonstrations u name it I try to watch them when I can if I can cause alot of stuff isnt on tv..only found on dvd or enternet. And ive only come across a very few "special" athletes like silva...fighting is not just goimg in a beating down your opponents with physical force....mental awareness and reading your opponents abilities and breaking their focus on fight plan is just as impressive. .
There is another fighter u shoule look at named Tyrone spong .he is a kickboxer with incredible skills and has crossd over and doing well at mma pro fights and is getting into boxing also as pro...he claims to wanna be the bo jackson of fight sports and very well may accomplish his goal at the rate he is going..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.