UFC 168: Weidman vs. Silva 2

I agree that silva doesn't fight enough. .he should have made 3 or 4 defenss a y3ar at least..problem with that is he mowed through the devision and they were having people turn down offers for title shots against him....not the first time a champ has had people refuse to fight them 8n ufc its happened to a coupl3 of others...once u dismantle the top ten contenders how far do u grasp to find worthy opponents? I mean theres only so many times u can let the number 2 and 3 guys attemt title shot before its useless to schedule the fight...2 shots max for any contendor that loses. The m8ddl3 weight division top ten hasnt changed much in last few years...I would have liked to seen silva move up to ligbt heavyweight. .then we may have seen some fireworks. ..

I've seen plenty of leg breaks with a block. It's meant to do exactly that, you should have that very intent every time you use it. That's why I said the Weidman victory over Silva is UFC!

Paulrockr said:
Bruce Lee ....my ass
No comparison
Paulrockr
Agreed, there's no martial artist in the modern world (that we know of, maybe some Mountain Ascetic, a Yamabushi)) who can compare to the incomparable Sifu.

Hanzo said:
Agreed, there's no martial artist in the modern world (that we know of, maybe some Mountain Ascetic, a Yamabushi)) who can compare to the incomparable Sifu.
HanzoNot knocking bruce but he never fought full contact nor competed in any organization. .we can only observe his skill through demonstrations and movies..not exaxtly a fantastic way to judge true fight ability..that being said I do believe he would be just as impressive if he was in full contact fight ...hes not the only person to develop thier own unique style of martial arts that was superior to other forms...I like bruce and believe he is the best of the best..but there are others who are able to acbieve as high of level of abilities they just are not hyped up by movies ect.....
On a side note u have to look at bruces build and weight ...no 200+lb guy could ever move like bruces small ass lol...so lb for lb u have to take that into acount when comparing them to bruce...his height and weight and low bf played a huge role in allowing him to move the way he does...

I think jon jones eventually maybe a legend...he shows great potential for only being in fighting for 3 years...

Blueedge said:
Not knocking bruce but he never fought full contact nor competed in any organization. .we can only observe his skill through demonstrations and movies..not exaxtly a fantastic way to judge true fight ability..that being said I do believe he would be just as impressive if he was in full contact fight ...hes not the only person to develop thier own unique style of martial arts that was superior to other forms...I like bruce and believe he is the best of the best..but there are others who are able to acbieve as high of level of abilities they just are not hyped up by movies ect.....
On a side note u have to look at bruces build and weight ...no 200+lb guy could ever move like bruces small ass lol...so lb for lb u have to take that into acount when comparing them to bruce...his height and weight and low bf played a huge role in allowing him to move the way he does...
Blueedge
Actually, Bruce was a gang member in Hong Kong as a teenager and fought in many, many full contact street fights, including with the infamous 'Hatchet Gangs'.

He is a legend in Hong Kong because he was never defeated.

Street fights are a whole other animal from sanctioned events. Gloves and rules changge the game...and no video survives that I know of, orf his fights..there are kickboxers with 90+wins and no losses against top level athletes ufc records as far as win loss are kinda low compared to other full contact fights. Ufc a 20 and 3 record is good..
Granted it is more taxing to the athlete probably than other sports...
I just believe if one human can accomplish something there will come others who can match it at minimum
If not beat it....bruce was just a man who commited his whole life to martial arts and achieved great things..but there will be men who do the same with the bodies they are given..lb for lh to lee

I'd much rather fight a trained opponent than some crazy in the street . Street fights are unpredictable because most times a fighter in untrained. In the ring you can more likely predict what's coming. I'd rather fight a trained boxer than a crazy cholo just winging punches

Blueedge said:
Street fights are a whole other animal from sanctioned events. Gloves and rules changge the game...and no video survives that I know of, orf his fights..there are kickboxers with 90+wins and no losses against top level athletes ufc records as far as win loss are kinda low compared to other full contact fights. Ufc a 20 and 3 record is good..
Granted it is more taxing to the athlete probably than other sports...
I just believe if one human can accomplish something there will come others who can match it at minimum
If not beat it....bruce was just a man who commited his whole life to martial arts and achieved great things..but there will be men who do the same with the bodies they are given..lb for lh to lee
Blueedge
Bruce was an innovator. You have to understand the history of martial arts and the particular climate Bruce was working in. There was never a greater innovator in hand to hand combat. As far as kickboxers with 90+ wins and no losses while fighting top competition .... that doesn't exist. Bruce was much higher trained than any MMA fighter of todays era.

The techniques, combinations, timing, distancing .... all these crucial aspects of fighting that todays fighters still don't get (with exceptions), Bruce mastered 50 years ago, or more.

Not sure how u mean he was an innovator. .? He d8d accomplish a wholenlot inbthe aspect of bringing
Martial arts to the western world...and changed the m9vie sfene big tike but he d8dnt invejt the wheel when it came to fighting. He did develop his own style martial arts thats pretty impressive for sure...
If it wasnt for bruce im sure fight sports would not be what it is today.
Not being a smart ass but do u follow kickboxing? Theres some guys that are crucial. . True not every single fight of a 100 fight record is top level opponents but a good majority of them onfe they are force in the sport do fight top guys consistently... regarless participating. In 100 or more pro fights is a major accomplishment...
Theres always gonna be that stand out person that rises so far above the rest that they seem untouchable, for many thats bruce lee.. I agree but I feel that there are others thwt are achieving comparable skill level
With their art...
Domt seem like we can agree on that but thats ok, you certainly have valid points, im just not sold on brufe lee being untouchable skill wise...
I may add most mma fighters i dont consider martial artist, this new mma style training guys do is cool and all but mixed martial arts means to me training different disciplines seperatly and achieving rank in each.
I have some odd views and opinions to alot of people im sure...lol

The most prolific fighters are the Thai's. They can have 30-40 bouts before the age of 15.

Bruce didn't "invent the wheel" when it came to fighting, that's kinda' obvious. He reinvented it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.