WORDS TO LIVE BY

41. "Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower." --Steve Jobs

42. "There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed." --Ray Goforth

43. "Thinking should become your capital asset, no matter whatever ups and downs you come across in your life." --A.P.J. Abdul Kalam

44. "I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." --Thomas Jefferson

45. "The starting point of all achievement is desire." --Napoleon Hill

46. "Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day-in and day-out." --Robert Collier

47. "If you want to achieve excellence, you can get there today. As of this second, quit doing less-than-excellent work." --Thomas J. Watson

48. "All progress takes place outside the comfort zone." --Michael John Bobak

49. "You may only succeed if you desire succeeding; you may only fail if you do not mind failing." --Philippos

50. "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absense of fear." --Mark Twain

51. "Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone." --Pablo Picasso

52. "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing--that's why we recommend it daily." --Zig Ziglar

53. "We become what we think about most of the time, and that's the strangest secret." --Earl Nightingale

54. "The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary." --Vidal Sassoon

55. "The best reason to start an organization is to make meaning; to create a product or service to make the world a better place." --Guy Kawasaki

56. "I find that when you have a real interest in life and a curious life, that sleep is not the most important thing." --Martha Stewart

57. "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." --Anonymous

58. "The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same." --Colin R. Davis

59. "The function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers." --Ralph Nader

60. "Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it." --Maya Angelou

61. "As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others." --Bill Gates

62. "A real entrepreneur is somebody who has no safety net underneath them." --Henry Kravis

63. "The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself." --Mark Caine

64. "People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy." --Tony Robbins

65. "When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid." --Audre Lorde

66. "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." --Mark Twain

67. "The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus." --Bruce Lee

68. "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear." --Mark Twain

69. "Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success." --Dale Carnegie

70. "If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much." --Jim Rohn

71. "If you genuinely want something, don't wait for it--teach yourself to be impatient." --Gurbaksh Chahal

72. "Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning." --Robert Kiyosaki

73. "If you want to make a permanent change, stop focusing on the size of your problems and start focusing on the size of you!" --T. Harv Eker

74. "You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something--your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life." --Steve Jobs

75. "Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better." --Jim Rohn

77. "The number one reason people fail in life is because they listen to their friends, family, and neighbors." --Napoleon Hill

78. "The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don't define them, or ever seriously consider them as believable or achievable. Winners can tell you where they are going, what they plan to do along the way, and who will be sharing the adventure with them." --Denis Waitley

79. "In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is desire. No reasons or principle contain it or stand against it." --Jane Smiley

80. "Success does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time." --George Bernard Shaw

81. "I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well." --Diane Ackerman

82. "You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them." --Michael Jordan

83. "Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." --Jim Ryun

84. "People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing." --Dale Carnegie

85. "There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul." --Ella Wheeler Wilcox

86. "Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter." --Francis Chan

87. "You've got to get up every morning with determination if you're going to go to bed with satisfaction." --George Lorimer

OVERCOMING

Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find a joy in overcoming obstacles. Remember, no effort that we make to attain something beautiful is ever lost.

Helen Keller

Change is not something that we should fear. Rather, it is something that we should welcome. For without change, nothing in this world would ever grow or blossom, and no one in this world would ever move forward to become the person they're meant to be.

B.K.S. Iyengar
Fouder Of Iyengar Yoga

People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them.

George Bernard Shaw

The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern.

Beautiful people do not just happen.

Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

"Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained."

- Marie Curie

"Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it."

- Dale Carnegie

It’s easy to forget what an amazing gift life really is. Our lives are nothing but a cosmic blink. Even our seemingly all-encompassing world is just tiny blue dot circling an average sized star spiraling around a galaxy of 200-400 billion stars, which itself is just one galaxy among billions more. Yet for one brief moment, we get to experience the wonders of existence, of consciousness.

Author:Unknown

“There is no royal road to anything. One thing at a time, all things in succession. That which grows fast, withers as rapidly. That which grows slowly, endures.” –

Josiah Gilbert Holland

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.