Critique this pic

LittleTom said:
No man its not bad at all and is impressive from where you started. Now this is probably not what you want to hear but it will save you a lot of time later down the road. Cut, get down to a lower BF before you try to add mass on. What you have done is added size but also a good deal of fat... Now by no means are you fat or even to big to bulk all I am saying is that it is so much easier to stay lean then it is to get lean. If you bulk now its gonna be harder and harder the more time goes on. Get lean and mean and very slowly add on muscle. Then once get that solid foundation, you can take your bulks out a bit further as in terms of weight and fat gain because you will have that base and know what it takes to get back to that lean look. Otherwise you may spin your wheels and always get bigger but still gain BF and have a real hard time getting back to that hard tight look. Trust me.. Thats my take...
LittleTom
That's exactly what I wanted to hear that was really good advice and yes I do want to cut body fat for sure I wanna lean out so bad I ate anything and everything I could to bulk up. Sounds like a solid plan.

[member=290]misterB[/member] sounds good sir I will def get s good diet going and Lea. Out and see what happens im excited

LT's advice is solid... but also depends on your body type...TK seems to never add much bodyfat...so all out bulk is ok for that type...as it's easy for them to get cut

is it easy for you to get lean? can't tell by the pics honestly ...as you aren't a fat boy and you may be eating 6000 cals... meaning cutting will not be hard ..

cutting for me is about average...not easy but not overly difficult... so i'm an average gainer and loser...lol

as you go you will get more in tune with what works for you... i prefer to try to stay lean (at my old age...lol)... maybe gain a little here or there.

krustus said:
LT's advice is solid... but also depends on your body type...TK seems to never add much bodyfat...so all out bulk is ok for that type...as it's easy for them to get cut

is it easy for you to get lean? can't tell by the pics honestly ...as you aren't a fat boy and you may be eating 6000 cals... meaning cutting will not be hard ..

cutting for me is about average...not easy but not overly difficult... so i'm an average gainer and loser...lol

as you go you will get more in tune with what works for you... i prefer to try to stay lean (at my old age...lol)... maybe gain a little here or there.
krustus
I lose weight easily yes as I have a very fast metabolism it don't take much so I'm gonna say yes it is easy for me to get lean at this point. I don't eat 6k calories tho lol I eat around 4,000 roughly I haven't kept much count as I just ate everything in sight

Like Krustus body type and metabolism will play a big part however, even if you lose weight fast you will benefit from a clean starting point. Tk has trouble gaining but he is lean to begin with. Now take me, I can gain muscle fast yet fat comes fast too. If I do not have a good base (which I did not for a long time) I will put on muscle with ease but that fat will come and then here comes the merry go round of taking the fat off and spinning the wheels. The better the staring point the better the end results will be.

i see... i maintained a body fat around your current condition for years... i weighed 220 then... decided i wanted to be cut and smaller... it took over 25 pounds lost to look lean.

i think that's what LT is saying... is what do you really have in there? get lean first and see

so you at 200lbs now... to be contest ripped... not just lean.. might weigh in at 150?

have you seen misterb's pics... super jacked and lean... and i think about 187....

krustus said:
i see... i maintained a body fat around your current condition for years... i weighed 220 then... decided i wanted to be cut and smaller... it took over 25 pounds lost to look lean.

i think that's what LT is saying... is what do you really have in there? get lean first and see

so you at 200lbs now... to be contest ripped... not just lean.. might weigh in at 150?

have you seen misterb's pics... super jacked and lean... and i think about 187....
krustus
Exactly, and not only that you will start from a better understanding of where you want to end and your body will remember what it takes to get there. Once I started bulking I had no idea of where my true muscle to size ( water, fat, muscle) really was. I have been up to 206 currently at 184... was 206 all muscle..no. Weight means very little when it comes to BBing. I am also not suggesting getting ripped first because unless you have some good mass you will just get skinny.. Its like a sculpting, why start adding clay on when there is excess clay to get rid of in the first place. Remove the unwanted first then start fresh adding and then subtracting and sculpting as you go..

Thanks for all the solid advice! I'm gonna do as LT suggested and fee rid of excess fat in areas I need gone first like my chest abs and arms. I can't afford a coach or trainer so I'll be doing it alone and lots of experimenting. It really is like sculpting (nice ref to pumping iron) I'm excited to see where I go and what's really been hiding. I'll go slow and add a little at a time to stay lean once I actually get there I def don't wanna get skinny I still hear that enough to this day which is why I'm constantly trying to bulk but fuck it now. Over it.

Just completed my leg day. I have my own home gym as I don't like commercial gyms. I have the mother of all back pumps too and jello legs.

Workout was:
Landmine front squats 90# 5x10 60 sec rest
Seated barbell calf raise 135# 5x20 60 sec rest
Back Squat 135# 5x10 60 sec rest
Goblet Squat 70# dumbbell 3x10 60 sec rest

I go much heavier on back squat when doing 5x5 or 3x5

You've defo made great progress, no doubt. Use any metaphor you like, it all starts and ends with diet. If you dial in your metabolism and balance your food intake, you can gain muscle without fat, lose fat without losing muscle and so on. Commitment to diet is the hardest part of our daily challenges... Workouts are fun. Lol

Commitment to diet is the hardest part of our daily challenges... Workouts are fun. Lol

that is so true..... diet is saying no to your urges 24/7... or at least control and mindful intake 24/7

I know that's right and I'm always getting urges for snack cakes and junk food esp after years of bulking with it. Having grilled chicken breasts seasons with black pepper and garlic and steamed corn and carrots

RebelMachinist said:
I know that's right and I'm always getting urges for snack cakes and junk food esp after years of bulking with it. Having grilled chicken breasts seasons with black pepper and garlic and steamed corn and carrots
RebelMachinist
A way you might ease into better eating is a way that Krustus uses and its pretty well known is the IIFYM. If you can get this dialed in to start with it may make it easier than just jumping strait into chicken and rice. That shit gets old fast lol. When you get comfortable dieting down and ready to take the next step you can get a bit more strict. This is just a suggestion and if you want to go right to chicken and vegetables thats cool to. For me I eat pretty damn lean most of the time now but when I am not on cycle or really trying to hit a goal I will throw some more relaxed meals in there. Eating like that can burn a guy out fast.

LittleTom said:
A way you might ease into better eating is a way that Krustus uses and its pretty well known is the IIFYM. If you can get this dialed in to start with it may make it easier than just jumping strait into chicken and rice. That shit gets old fast lol. When you get comfortable dieting down and ready to take the next step you can get a bit more strict. This is just a suggestion and if you want to go right to chicken and vegetables thats cool to. For me I eat pretty damn lean most of the time now but when I am not on cycle or really trying to hit a goal I will throw some more relaxed meals in there. Eating like that can burn a guy out fast.
LittleTom
Haha yeah I will look into IIFYM I have heard of but never read up on it. Eating lots of chicken don't bother me tho I'm a Deep South southerner chicken is life lmao. I also eat fish as well like mahi mahi tilapia and occasionally tuna. I do try and be a little relaxed myself cuz I know I'll go crazy trying to go strict all of the sudden out of nowhere. All of this is new to me lol

I used to eat tilapia. You couldn't PAY me to eat that shit now. I dropped corn too a just stick with green veggies, although I'm careful with peas.

I'll post up my diet plan as a sample to get an idea of how to eat while recomping. As soon as I can start my test deca Tbol run, I will be cutting 20 lbs. Hopefully half of that will be bf.

IIFYM...plus intermittent fasting. .. I love it... eat 2 large meals a day.... and maybe a snack between.

Try to hit my macros very close... but allows for a lot of flexibility. ..If I eat 150g of carbs ...in one meal. .. then I know how many I have left for the rest. .
. Or if I know we are going out for dinner ...I save enough cals and macros for that...

Still can't eat all fruity pebbles and ice cream or you'll never hit the macros.... but you can eat a little of that stuff

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hell yeah I like that. Some days all I can eat is 2 large meals due to work. IIFYM sounds like the golden ticket for me. Preciate that krustus!

Here is a pic of me when I'm not bloated I just took this right now. The pics from earlier I was still bloated from smashing an all you can eat sushi bar

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 19
Hell yeah I like that. Some days all I can eat is 2 large meals due to work. IIFYM sounds like the golden ticket for me. Preciate that krustus!

hit those calorie numbers in whatever number of meals you want... get a decent amount of protein..(i only do about 150g a day... if i get more thats fine, but at least 150 for me)

find a method you like and stick with... consistently... that's the most important... i happen to like fewer but larger meals... 6 meals a day will work too if that's your preference.

there is evidence that more meals is better for building muscle.. (but only increases it by a small percentage) there is evidence that fewer meals is better for fatloss or maintenance... but also not by a large percenage... a plan that you can stick with is the most important.

i would have trouble building a lot of muscle on fewer meals.... would be easier to get the protein and cals in more meals... but at this phase in life ...being lean and staying there is my priority

krustus said:
hit those calorie numbers in whatever number of meals you want... get a decent amount of protein..(i only do about 150g a day... if i get more thats fine, but at least 150 for me)

find a method you like and stick with... consistently... that's the most important... i happen to like fewer but larger meals... 6 meals a day will work too if that's your preference.

there is evidence that more meals is better for building muscle.. (but only increases it by a small percentage) there is evidence that fewer meals is better for fatloss or maintenance... but also not by a large percenage... a plan that you can stick with is the most important.

i would have trouble building a lot of muscle on fewer meals.... would be easier to get the protein and cals in more meals... but at this phase in life ...being lean and staying there is my priority
krustus
Damn that flips my whole perspective on all of it. Lot of good info there. I couldn't eat 6 meals a day of I wanted to die to time constraints most I can get is 4 and maybe 5 and that's a stretch

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.