Dark Web. TOR browser

AkProGuy said:
Thanks for the info Bro's. I ended up finding what I needed from a very cool Bro we all know.. 🙂 F.I.S.T I hope you can help me figure some of this TOR / Onion dark stuff out. I want to be as anonymous as possible and think this might be the way to go for me. If your doing it I think I'm moving in the right direction.
AkProGuy

You're welcome my friend.Thank you for the kind words.

Im still learning about it.So very different than IE but so very worth it.So far,TOR is the only browser that the gov't hasnt been able to hack into.They did get in at one time for those using Firefox but that was with that particular latest version of FF and not TOR.Other than that to my knowledge,its GTG as of yet.

Ctstrength said:
If you have any question about the deep web PM me. I have quite a bit of experience.
Ctstrength

Thats great to know man.Great to have someone with firsthand experience with these things.Is it with TOR alone or other areas? How about LINUX? That is so very difficult for me to use in terms of downloading things,watching videos,etc.

F.I.S.T. said:

Thats great to know man.Great to have someone with firsthand experience with these things.Is it with TOR alone or other areas? How about LINUX? That is so very difficult for me to use in terms of downloading things,watching videos,etc.
F.I.S.T.
I just have experience with the Tor browser, dark net markets, and PGP encryption. Unfortunately no experience with Linux.

I have a good bit of experience with Linux. . What are you trying to figure out?

blasson said:
I have a good bit of experience with Linux. . What are you trying to figure out?
blasson

Awesome.Well for starters,I cant download anything.Well actually I can download things but cant get them to install.I cant even find them after I download them.LOL.

Videos cant play using it either.TOR I can get most videos to play and only sometimes theres an issue but with Linux,it says I need to update Adobe,but when I click on the link to get the latest update,I still cant play anything.

What Linux distribution are you using? When you download stuff it should be in /home/user/Downloads. /user/ being the login name you use.

blasson said:
What Linux distribution are you using? When you download stuff it should be in /home/user/Downloads. /user/ being the login name you use.
blasson

I think its Linux Cinnamon.I think.My buddy installed it for me and im not a computer guy in any way.LOL.

You have a program called apt-get that searches repositories and downloads/installs files for you. To get flash type the command below terminal.

sudo apt-get install flashplugin-installer

It will ask some y/n questions just hit y for all to install everything. You'll also need codecs for video and audio. Search on Google for apt-get codecs to install.. usually they have a huge list that come in bundles and you'll need like 2-3 installs to get dam near every one.

Pm me if you need any help

id like to see a place where people can post valid cool dark web sites, so when you need / want things others dont carry you can get them there.

misterB said:
id like to see a place where people can post valid cool dark web sites, so when you need / want things others dont carry you can get them there.
misterB
Ever since the Silk Road busts, most are invite only. Gotta know someone.

The government still runs a lot of the intended exit nodes.
Traffic can be unencrypted at that point.
Piggy back a SSL proxy or vpn for further protection

Damn. I love this site. I'm sure I will have a couple more questions when I start this adventure. Planning on installing TOR on Tue and surfing around a bit using the tip's I got from you guys. I'll keep yall posted on progress. AK

fist tor is not the safest and definitely not most secure.
unless your end connection is encrypted when you hit the exit node you are totally unencrypted...

its simply an easy way for people to set up such a proxy chain

I won't do anything that could get me fucked up with LE. I just plan on learning more about it and If I do happen to find a legit. I am also very interested the VPN option. I admit I have been to relaxed on security while doing my board surfing.

GRIM said:
fist tor is not the safest and definitely not most secure.
unless your end connection is encrypted when you hit the exit node you are totally unencrypted...

its simply an easy way for people to set up such a proxy chain
GRIM

Well im sure you know more than I about it but all I do know is the reports ive read about TOR being the only browser to tell the gov't to fuck off when asked to allow them access to their members data.Also,the only one that has not been hacked.

But with that being said,as ive stated earlier,to me its only one part of the equation.Ones habits are a major part in it as well and too many are too ignorant when it comes to these things and giving almost everything about themselves public postings.As ive also stated,nothing is 100% safe so the less risks you take the better.

AkProGuy said:
I won't do anything that could get me fucked up with LE. I admit I have been to relaxed on security while doing my board surfing.
AkProGuy

These are very important factors in keeping one safe brother.In my experience with being on the boards for many many yrs,FAR TOO MANY are lax in their practices on these boards.It seems like people forget they are doing illegal activities when posting on the internet.Its like the fools that rob a bank and then post it on fb!! People seem to forget that EVERYONE ,including LE is watching.LMAO

Always remember to be as safe as possible and try to think if what you are doing could get you burned.Im paranoid about these things,maybe too much but it helps me sleep at night.

Tor has been in fact compromised plus many of the exit servers are run by the government.
Will they know who you are? Well if its an unencrypted transfer on their network they can read any of it far easier than other methods.

Adls far as the only ones telling the government to fuck off that's completely false many vpns don't even save any traffic data or logs. Plus if you create your own proxy chains you are going through several providers that don't even need login details

GRIM said:
Tor has been in fact compromised plus many of the exit servers are run by the government.
Will they know who you are? Well if its an unencrypted transfer on their network they can read any of it far easier than other methods.

Adls far as the only ones telling the government to fuck off that's completely false many vpns don't even save any traffic data or logs. Plus if you create your own proxy chains you are going through several providers that don't even need login details
GRIM

Hmmm,thats strange since all of this darkweb stuff goes through TOR from what I understand and also from what I understand is the gov';t has been trying to ban TOR for yrs due to its high criminal use,including hired hitmen,drug dealers,etc.

In a brief summary,this is what ive heard about TOR being compromised........

If one is running a high profile illegal hidden service, even with the best security settings, they should always occasionaly relocate because there are attacks that exist that can be used to find these hidden services, thats what the FBI used in operation onymous, where they took down over 400 hidden services, however the smarter ones that often relocate their servers and have better security were not affected by operation onymous.

If an individual Tor user is de-anonymized, it is likely due to an error in configuration, such as running Flash player or some other plugin because they expose your real IP address. JavaScript itself cannot be used to reveal your true IP, however malicious code can be implemented on web pages (this is how they took down FreedomHosting) that can expose your true IP and even your MAC address. If you do not use JavaScript or plugins and don't install additional addons then you are fairly anonymous with Tor.

Whatever,I wont argue the fact with you because I can honestly admit that I am no computer geek so you would blow me out of the water in regards to knowledge in this area but regardless of what you say,I still sleep better at night using it and since ive NEVER had an issue while using it,I have a giant grim on my face while im sleeping.

And once again,all your talk of what is and isnt safe means shit if the your act like an idiot and dont take all safety precautions for yourself.As ive stated 3 times now,NOTHING wiull keep you safe if you don't practice safe habits.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.