Dark Web. TOR browser

Heres what I found about the rumor of exit nodes and TOR being compromised right after it happened........

https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/tor-anonymity-network-compromised-following-potential-raid-by-law-enforcement-agencies-1480620

Either way,im happy with it as are many others using it The right way.

Fist you can try to find any article that isn't even the compromise I was talking about. I was an exploit in I believe Firefox...

Tor is simply an auto config of proxy servers. You are arguing on a subject you have zero clue about.

The common user is for fine? Yes .
Dealers, child predators etc not so much especially if not configured properly.

Tor is not the 'most secure' and the only one who things their noses at government.

Simply my point but you took that off track to try to prove something

Yet again exit nodes are UNENCRYPTED if your end destination is as well.
Yet again the US government runs many of the servers.
Another thing to think about. Your traffic can be flowing through hackers computers on the tor network....

Not being hacked to cause it, just being a middle node..

http://resources.infosecinstitute.com/hacking-tor-network-follow/

Discusses a 100% success rate on finding true tor Ip...
Finding the servers...
There are lots of flaws
To blame but but the browser is cheap. A security program is only as good as it secures everything.

GRIM said:
Fist you can try to find any article that isn't even the compromise I was talking about. I was an exploit in I believe Firefox...

Tor is simply an auto config of proxy servers. You are arguing on a subject you have zero clue about.

The common user is for fine? Yes .
Dealers, child predators etc not so much especially if not configured properly.

Tor is not the 'most secure' and the only one who things their noses at government.

Simply my point but you took that off track to try to prove something

Yet again exit nodes are UNENCRYPTED if your end destination is as well.
Yet again the US government runs many of the servers.
Another thing to think about. Your traffic can be flowing through hackers computers on the tor network....

Not being hacked to cause it, just being a middle node..
GRIM

I know it was FF that was compromised and NOT TOR as ive mentioned in another thread here long ago.But again,ive stated repeatedly that I personally believe in using it and practicing safe habits on the net.Its not me trying to prove anything.Only passing along what ive read about the so called TOR hack which you stated happened when it in fact did not.Its YOU trying to disprove something for no reason.Sorry if you're taking it the wrong way and getting defensive about it.

I really dont care what you say about TOR,its my choice and I choose to use it and feel safe doing it.Edwin Snowden even recommends using it along with pgp so im GTG with it.

You keep pushing your vpn.No offense,i'll stick with TOR and just not doing stupid things on the net.. ;D

http://www.theguardian.com/world/interactive/2013/nov/01/snowden-nsa-files-surveillance-revelations-decoded#section/4

Fist not defensive. I swear you'd argue with a brain surgeon. And BTW a security hike in a browser that allows tor to fail is still a tor failure.
Buy keep thinking you're an expert on everything.
Hell you know more than my line of work after all

I never pushed my vpn btw. Comprehension much? I stated using 2 systems side by side....

Tor is nothing more than an easy to set up proxy chain. Hackers have been using far better for years.

My brother in law was one of the top hackers now top exec at a company who makes forensics computers to break such systems

But keep being an expert from reading random articles.

My god I'm correcting false information and putting in fact 2 together can help.
Tor is for anoniminity not security. To say its the most secure is hog wash.
https://thetinhat.com/tutorials/darknets/tor-vpn-using-both.html

But yes fist I should just let you continue to spout off about subjects you have no clue about acting like an expert because you used Google...

For if I correct you its defensive. Give me break.

Guy who can hardly turn computer on versus a guy who wrote code, manages remote servers, etc.
Who would know more. Hmm fist of course! He's got Google!

GRIM said:
My god I'm correcting false information and putting in fact 2 together can help.
Tor is for anoniminity not security. To say its the most secure is hog wash.
https://thetinhat.com/tutorials/darknets/tor-vpn-using-both.html

But yes fist I should just let you continue to spout off about subjects you have no clue about acting like an expert because you used Google...

For if I correct you its defensive. Give me break.

Guy who can hardly turn computer on versus a guy who wrote code, manages remote servers, etc.
Who would know more. Hmm fist of course! He's got Google!
GRIM

LMFAO.Ok since you are still crying over this crap,i'll respond to you.

First off ive never started im an expert and in fact said that you know far more than I do about it so you ranting shit that I didnt say only makes you look childish and foolish.As for me "googling" things,let me help educate you on that.Any educated person will seek out information and data from those who are EXPERTS on a given subject.Since I have no problem accepting the fact that I am not an expert,I wisely search for those that are.Thats how educated people learn things.Not saying much of an expert they are as you continue to do and then go on to name calling and rantings.Name calling?? LMFAO.You go with that.Proves your point so well.

Secondly,you first said how TOR was compromised than later said it wasnt TOR,it was Firefox )which I stated long ago in another thread about this.??I think you have bigger comprehension issues than I do friend.

Thirdly,I said that I use it personally and am happy with it and feel that it definitely one of the safest options out there IN ADDITION TO praticing safe habits on the internet.You can continue to cry about how TOR is not safe and the vpn you continue to push on board IS safe but NOTHING is safe as long as there are fools putting too much information out there for strangers to read and see.Also,this vpn you continue to push for members to get ,I would never even think of getting.Lets be blunt,you are expecting members to put their trust and safety in a stranger from a board that they know nothing about because he tells you it ok?? Sorry brother,no offense but I dont trust you,or anyone on the boards enough to buy into any b/s they put out there when it comes to my safety.No different than the boxes you were putting out there for members to buy.Didnt trust it and guess what,I didnt get burned.Whether you claim it was your fault and you lost money or not,is irrelevant.Members still lost out because they put trust in someone and something they knew nothing about.I don't!!

So again,i'll put my trust in something that millions have and the same experts in the fields anyone can google do as well.Not from someone on the internet that claims to be an expert and cry about it when others research data from well known proven experts in the field.Maybe you are what you say you are.No way for me to know or not.Don't really care though.Im not an expert but I go with what I feel safe with.PERIOD!!

If you take offense because I feel safe with TOR thats your problem.If it makes you feel better,I'll surrender.You win.From now on I will think TOR is the most unsafe browser on the net.I'll also think no matter how foolish people are by putting their info out there,using your vpn will keep everyone safe.BETTER??

I'll still stick to how I do things with MY SAFETY.

truth is tor is compromised, sure its better than nothing and would take government intervention to really decrypt it but FBI /CIA probable has access. as grim said VPN plus Tor and there are new and better ways now
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/best-alternatives-tor-12-programs-use-nsa-hackers-compromised-tor-project-376976

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.