GoPro

Go Pro or Go Home
Mad Referrer
Jacked Immortal
EG Auction Sniper
Shout Master
Mutated
EG Cash
Hey brothers. I started a thread like this on the last forum i was on before i made this my home. I thought it was a good idea to restart it over here for us all to share ideas in. This thread is about how to save on food and get it cheap. Because we all know just how expensive this game can get with diet, supplements, and everything else. So share away!!!

I usually save most of my shopping for stores like Costco, Sam's club, and wholesalers. I always check the adds for places like hyvee, price chopper, safe way, and other places be fore making the big trip to wholesalers because sometimes the other places are cheaper on certain things. I also get a good amount of lean red meat from hunting each year. Sometimes i go turkey hunting also. These are the best tricks i do off the top of my head.

I just buy bulk.....saving money can become a full time job! I've done the hunting thing, the buying a whole cow thing, and the shooting turkey off the back porch. All very rewarding, now the wife doesn't let me shoot things in the back yard anymore. 🙁 and with chicken breasts at $1.99lb for family pack at WalMart and Flank at $6.48lb...I go there. Sams is no cheaper.

Hanzo said:
How did buying a cow share work out for you?
Hanzo
Its cheap bro. We buy a half a cow at a time from a local farmer and he processes, grinds and packages everything including all the steak and stew meat cuts for about 315-450 depending on the year. And thats cheap when you are getting a couple hundred pounds of badass meat!!

TSizemore said:
I just buy bulk.....saving money can become a full time job! I've done the hunting thing, the buying a whole cow thing, and the shooting turkey off the back porch. All very rewarding, now the wife doesn't let me shoot things in the back yard anymore. 🙁 and with chicken breasts at $1.99lb for family pack at WalMart and Flank at $6.48lb...I go there. Sams is no cheaper.
TSizemore
I hear ya on the saving money can be a full time job. My ole lady love doing the coupon thing, she gets so much shit for free though, sometimes cuts our bill in half. But that her job not mine, i got better thing to do than spend 3 or 4 hours cutting papers up lol.

Hanzo said:
How did buying a cow share work out for you?
HanzoReal well!!! I bought the steer for like $1.00lb and kept it for 3 weeks to fatten it. Brought it to butcher, he butchered it for $.25lb. With feed I had like $1.55 per lb of meat in it. More meat then I ate in a year!

GoPro said:
Its cheap bro. We buy a half a cow at a time from a local farmer and he processes, grinds and packages everything including all the steak and stew meat cuts for about 315-450 depending on the year. And thats cheap when you are getting a couple hundred pounds of badass meat!!
GoPro
And ypu could do it yourself too and save even more money, no different than cutting up a moose or caribou just a little smaller but wider, I honestly don't know how farmers make money sometimes selling cattle thst cheap

For me I live in Alaska where there is plenty of large protein walking and swimming everywhere! Add in the summer with 24 hours of sunlight and you can grow a MASSIVE garden that you can preserve through the winter. Garden is hard work but better than buying the shit produce they sell in the stores up here. I did work for a company that fed me 24/7 for free, that's when I bulked up the best cause it was good and free.

Go Pro, where the hell you been son? I was getting worried about you...
good thread.
As far as beef goes, I try to buy the beef chuck eye steaks. They are a cut that comes right next to where the rib eye is cut on the cow. So if you like a rib eye, these are very close to it but a fraction of the cost.
Like the rib eye, they have some marble fat in them so they are def tasty, but if you are looking for something a bit leaner, the London Broil is a good choice and also cheap.

I live off egg whites :/

I buy bulk. I wish I had a freezer for half a cow.

Buy roasts too or pork loins on sale and cook 6lb at a time in the crock pot. Then make meals for the week.

Baited said:
I buy bulk. I wish I had a freezer for half a cow.

Buy roasts too or pork loins on sale and cook 6lb at a time in the crock pot. Then make meals for the week.
Baited
I'll make all sorts of pulled meat products in the slow cooker and then freeze a bunch of it for later meals, so good, pulled caribou is my favorite then pork then chicken

I get boneless skinless chicken breasts 10 lb for 14.99 at a butcher, these beauties are plump. I get my beef a half a steer at a time for 2.69 lb vacuum packed, labeled and frozen. I get lean pork loins cheap off the butcher above. I get my veggies fresh mostly at a local flea market cheap and egg whites by the carton 3.88 at walmart

If I move back to the states I'm gonna raise my own chickens, pigs, a few cows maybe a goat or two. Feed is way to expensive up here for that though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.