How Do You Save???

I buy my jumbo eggs 12 dozen at a time. Tilapia I buy 10lbs bags, boneless chicken breast when they go on sale.
Steak and ground bed is the hard one, it gets pricey very fast

GoPro said:
Its cheap bro. We buy a half a cow at a time from a local farmer and he processes, grinds and packages everything including all the steak and stew meat cuts for about 315-450 depending on the year. And thats cheap when you are getting a couple hundred pounds of badass meat!!
GoPro Did u ssssay ssssteak...lol

on another note, I've been looking into purchasing half a cow or whatever I can find for sometime now. But first gotta find a big enough freezer 😀

goodfella said:
on another note, I've been looking into purchasing half a cow or whatever I can find for sometime now. But first gotta find a big enough freezer 😀
goodfella
Invest in a very good vacuum sealer as well. A weston vacuum sealer pro will run you 350 bucks. I tried the other cheap brands and they suck.

JM750 said:
Invest in a very good vacuum sealer as well. A weston vacuum sealer pro will run you 350 bucks. I tried the other cheap brands and they suck.
JM750
What JM said is true..... And theres another catch. They might be mechanically ok, but the cheaper ones, after sometime, the bag availability goes away as each can have their own. I bought one years ago it worked good but all of a sudden I couldn't get the bags anymore. Better off just putting some cash out for a proven name brand as JM said

You can get these for 350 on ebay

http://www.westonsupply.com/Weston-Vacuum-Sealers-p/pro%20vacuum%20sealers.htm

lith56bigguy said:
What JM said is true..... And theres another catch. They might be mechanically ok, but the cheaper ones, after sometime, the bag availability goes away as each can have their own. I bought one years ago it worked good but all of a sudden I couldn't get the bags anymore. Better off just putting some cash out for a proven name brand as JM said
lith56bigguyyou can get the make your own bags, i prefer them, seals both ends perfect sizes

GRIM said:
you can get the make your own bags, i prefer them, seals both ends perfect sizes
GRIM
This is about the only thing used and sold up here, you just buy the big rolls like plastic wrap, you need the good sealers though, the cheap ones won't seal the ends enough and they will open after awhile.

Seeing a ton of good info here brothers. Just wanted to give this a bump in case some people didn't get to share or didn't see this thread.

lith56bigguy said:
I get boneless skinless chicken breasts 10 lb for 14.99 at a butcher, these beauties are plump. I get my beef a half a steer at a time for 2.69 lb vacuum packed, labeled and frozen. I get lean pork loins cheap off the butcher above. I get my veggies fresh mostly at a local flea market cheap and egg whites by the carton 3.88 at walmart
lith56bigguy
You definitely got a great thing going. Wish I had a hook up like this for protein. Costco is usually the only place where I get my meats and produce. Its not necessarily much cheaper the the competition but the meats/vegs are always fresh.

sityslicker1 said:
You definitely got a great thing going. Wish I had a hook up like this for protein. Costco is usually the only place where I get my meats and produce. Its not necessarily much cheaper the the competition but the meats/vegs are always fresh.
sityslicker1
I dont even know what a Costco is bro. Pretty rural where Im at

If you're lucky enough to live in the country, look for Amish communities. They always have at least one family butcher within their community. Meats are cheaper through them, and they usually have stores too. I just bought three pounds of sliced American cheese for just over $8.
Then there's the big retailers.. look at their meats, and see what the expiration date is. Typically, they will mark everything down next to nothing a night or two before it goes out of date. I recently bought 11lbs of thick cut ribeyes for $31.. they were normally $17+ per steak! Only $3-4 a piece!

i just got back from price rite. haven't been there in awhile but am kinda broke this week. got a lot of food for $45.

N.O.V. said:
If you're lucky enough to live in the country, look for Amish communities. They always have at least one family butcher within their community. Meats are cheaper through them, and they usually have stores too. I just bought three pounds of sliced American cheese for just over $8.
Then there's the big retailers.. look at their meats, and see what the expiration date is. Typically, they will mark everything down next to nothing a night or two before it goes out of date. I recently bought 11lbs of thick cut ribeyes for $31.. they were normally $17+ per steak! Only $3-4 a piece!
N.O.V.
I never thought about this brother!!! Thats a awesome idea. I live not to far from a amish community called jamesport. Place is awesome to go and look around for a day and get furniture. I will have to ask next time i am up there about the local butcher. Thanks man.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.