just did 2nd pin

i had virtually no pip for my 3rd pin; it was weird. 4th pin in the am; so pumped!

bossman said:
i had virtually no pip for my 3rd pin; it was weird. 4th pin in the am; so pumped!
bossman
It just gets easier and easier, and then out of the blue an injection will sting or hurt like a MF'er, and you can't figure out why. Or you'll be pushing hard as hell and nothing will go in, and again you can't figure out why. The best advice I have is to relax and realize guys a lot dumber than you have done this successfully without killing themselves, so most of the fears you'll have are totally unfounded.

I inject into my quad, give it a little rub, and that's it. No pain, nothing but gain. You'll get there soon enough.

Just a thought... has anyone talked to you about aspirating? Do you need help in this area?

haven't looked into aspirating yet. actually, i think i've been doing that. i didn't realize it was called aspirating.

Yeah you pull back on the plunger a little before you pin to make sure you didn't go in to a vein or consequences could be deadly

ironhead said:
Yeah you pull back on the plunger a little before you pin to make sure you didn't go in to a vein or consequences could be deadly
ironheadlots of conflicting info here. If you look into it, nurses aren't taught to aspirate im injections really anymore it seems? Also my test doc did not instruct to aspirate.

kingofclowns said:
lots of conflicting info here. If you look into it, nurses aren't taught to aspirate im injections really anymore it seems? Also my test doc did not instruct to aspirate.
kingofclowns
Umm idc I always will not trying to get test straight into my blood stream, no harm in a little pull back, plus I've hit veins before you don't have to pull much and the blood goes in the tube pretty easily,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tbh I don't understand how you could be at risk to inject in a vein, veins are at the surface aren't they? If you go 1/2 inch in and even Knick a vein, the needle would effectively be a dyke, and the oil would still go IM.

i'd rather aspirate than hit a vein

kingofclowns said:
Tbh I don't understand how you could be at risk to inject in a vein, veins are at the surface aren't they? If you go 1/2 inch in and even Knick a vein, the needle would effectively be a dyke, and the oil would still go IM.
kingofclowns
I've gone 1 inch into my quad and I aspirated and drew blood so if you think veins are only on the surface I think you may be misunderstood. And that was with a 1 inch pin.

It used to freak me out getting that little bubble, when you're taught that bubbles are bad. Now I'm just glad it's not blood and I fire away.

But kingofclowns (we really need to come up with a nic name) is right... when I've gotten shots from my nurse she just stabs and shoots. No hesitation. But maybe that's because they shoot in the ass rather than the quad?

T-bar said:
It used to freak me out getting that little bubble, when you're taught that bubbles are bad. Now I'm just glad it's not blood and I fire away.

But kingofclowns (we really need to come up with a nic name) is right... when I've gotten shots from my nurse she just stabs and shoots. No hesitation. But maybe that's because they shoot in the ass rather than the quad?
T-bar
Yeah I know exactly what you mean, you work so hard to get the air out before you pin, then you aspirated and see little bit of bubble/bubbles go into the syringe but once you let go.. For me those little bubbles or bubble just get pulled right back out. Pretty simple procedure if you ask me.

i have noticed a lot of blood when i pull the needle out the last two times i've pinned. is this anything to be concerned about?

If you aspirated before you pin and didn't draw blood and went ahead and took the test you should have nothing to worry about. The pin tends to go through or veins and pass them going into the muscle, therefore when you pull the pin out you tend to bleed sometimes. It's normal always stay sterile and have some alcohol pads to keep clean. One time I pinned my quad and pulled the pin I had blood shoot out my leg like. Water gun, now that was freaky but i covered it and it stopped and I was fine.

bossman said:
i have noticed a lot of blood when i pull the needle out the last two times i've pinned. is this anything to be concerned about?
bossman
Nope. It happens some times. Other times you won't see a single drop. Other times some of your gear squirts back out a little. I simply pull it out and apply a slight amount of pressure, nothing major or you'll be sore just from your own pressure, and then I turn the pressure into a gentle massage for a minute. That's it. Easy peezy.

i've been dropping the hammer pretty hard, should i inject more slowly?

thanks for all of your help, bros

bossman said:
i've been dropping the hammer pretty hard, should i inject more slowly?
bossmanPersonally I insert the needle slowly and inject slowly about 10-15 sec per ml. I find it helps reduce any chance of pip and I NEVER have any bruising. I never just "dart" the pin in that's kinda stupid anyways using a long one just wait till you hit a nerve and pierce it. I've hit a nerve but didn't pierce it wasn't fun and made my whole leg shake

i think i hit a nerve today, so i just pulled it out and pinned a different spot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.