Keto with IF

LittleTom said:
I am just blown away by this carbs make people fat not cals in vs cals out.... So if a person ate below maintenance but it was moslty carbs they would be fat??? Also reguardless of working out??? Wow... I hope people reading this do not take this gross information to heart... Our bodies are MADE to use carboydrates and we have SPECIFIC enzymes to digest them. Please do not put any more out there that is just not true.
LittleTom
sorry to say but you are very misinformed. just read, i cant say different then i am already saying. everything i say is 100% true. do with it as you want. your life.

Well then why aren't I fat?? because I eat 400- 500 carbs a day and I'm not fat so why can't you explain that? And why is my blood work perfect when it should be all messed up because I eat carbs

I'm actually find this thread interesting
I eat a very high carbohydrate diet only because I'm trying to put on amd maintain muscle.
But most carbohydrate were brought on to our diets to help feed the masses in a cheaper way!
What drakon rep is true our bodies need only protein and fats.
This is something most of the general population should consider specially as they age.
Now us bodybuilders have to pick out diets based on our goals. Keto wouldn't be optimal for someone looking to pack on large amount of mass.
The choice should be based on the individual circumstances.

drakonrep said:
sorry to say but you are very misinformed. just read, i cant say different then i am already saying. everything i say is 100% true. do with it as you want. your life.
drakonrep
You seem like one of those guys who choose to live a certain way and then want everyone to think your way is the best because you chose it.. I am in biology as we speak and just read the chapter on how the body digests ptotiens, cabs and fats... Give me a break

Your diet WILL work no doubt but dont eat carbs... Stop being brain washed by all the keto literature you read and dont try to indoctrinate people with bunk information.

However... If you are refering to the average american who has poor nutrition over all and eats a lot of carbs well then .... No shit they should cut back.

If you are taking about athletes and BBs... Yep Im sure none of them eat carbs... Just crazy. Like I said. Do what works for you but dont post such bogus info.

tkasch30 said:
Well then why aren't I fat?? because I eat 400- 500 carbs a day and I'm not fat so why can't you explain that? And why is my blood work perfect when it should be all messed up because I eat carbs
tkasch30
you aint much of a scientist, sorry to say. anekdotal evidence is useless. my grandfather smoked for 87yrs and was healthy, smoking is now healthy? ofcourse not. and as i said some people cant handle high carbs, just read what i said. anywho i cant repeat all the time what is fact. carbs raise insulin, insulin stores fat, thats it.

LittleTom said:
You seem like one of those guys who choose to live a certain way and then want everyone to think your way is the best because you chose it.. I am in biology as we speak and just read the chapter on how the body digests ptotiens, cabs and fats... Give me a break

Your diet WILL work no doubt but dont eat carbs... Stop being brain washed by all the keto literature you read and dont try to indoctrinate people with bunk information.

However... If you are refering to the average american who has poor nutrition over all and eats a lot of carbs well then .... No shit they should cut back.

If you are taking about athletes and BBs... Yep Im sure none of them eat carbs... Just crazy. Like I said. Do what works for you but dont post such bogus info.
LittleTom
nothing i said is bogus, 0%. just because you dont agree doesnt make endless science books bogus. WAY to many people are addicted to carb and crap food and they defend it until they weigh 300pounds with diabetes.

eat carbs, measure fasting sugar and then eat fat and measure fasting sugar. easy lesson what is better

as i said, average person would be best off if they cut carbs, not cut fat as they are doing for 60years and looking like whales. their markers would improve and we wouldnt have this obesity epidemic. this is 100% fact

i also never said pro athletes dont eat carbs, that would be stupid to say so dont know where you get that from. also look at bodybuilders today, most are fat fucks on tons of insulin who look like shit 99% of the time. i prefer 70's look where they looked the part. now its all a bloated carb insulin fueled mess. far from my taste or preference.

tkasch30 said:
Now you say it's only SOME PEOPLE that cant handle carbs....oh I see. Gotcha ya.
tkasch30
i said that before, read pls. about 60 to 70% cant process carbs which is vast majority. enjoy your carbs i have nothing against them, just trying to say to people its not calorie is a calorie but WHAT food does to our hormones once we eat it. 100cals of fat vs 100cals of carbs = vast difference in our bodies

I think bodybuilders today look amazing, far better than the seventies so I guess it's just a different opinion

drakonrep said:
nothing i said is bogus, 0%. just because you dont agree doesnt make endless science books bogus. WAY to many people are addicted to carb and crap food and they defend it until they weigh 300pounds with diabetes.

eat carbs, measure fasting sugar and then eat fat and measure fasting sugar. easy lesson what is better

as i said, average person would be best off if they cut carbs, not cut fat as they are doing for 60years and looking like whales. their markers would improve and we wouldnt have this obesity epidemic. this is 100% fact

i also never said pro athletes dont eat carbs, that would be stupid to say so dont know where you get that from. also look at bodybuilders today, most are fat fucks on tons of insulin who look like shit 99% of the time. i prefer 70's look where they looked the part. now its all a bloated carb insulin fueled mess. far from my taste or preference.
drakonrep
Well now I think we are talking more on the same level. Yes, there are a lot of people who indulge in over eating carbs included and your right, in those cases added insulin realease and further storage and release of these simples sugars is not healthy at all...

Carbs for a person who does not know how to diet or train and is already overweight undoubtedly is a recipe for disaster. However overall diet still leads to weight gain.

Another thing I am blown away by is this notion that carbs did not somehow exist before world war 2... People have been eating carbs for thousands of years. Its the type, quality and how they are used in a diet that makes them dentramntal or beneficial.

Does the body need cabs to exist. Thats a riddiclous argument but the answer is how well do we want to live. Can we survive on extremely low carbs sure... Can we survive on extremely low fat sure, can we survive on low protien sure.... This goes back to the wacky notion people didnt eat carbs before the war.

The average person with an average diet has no issue with carbs...

Now lets look at the people we should be focused on. The people here. As bbers we can use carbs to our advantage in a big way. Its all about knowing how to use them.

If you are reffering to overweight uneducated people then I agree with your statements.

i think the american diet is far too carb-heavy. i have given up breads, pastas, sugars, and most processed foods. i'll have the ocassional quest bar or atkins bar. i do eat fruit, albeit sparingly. i eat lots of nuts and oils. i am leaner and have more energy, and feel healthier.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.