WORK.. What do you guys do?

I work for a large medical company as a technician. I get a company take home vehicle and travel to different facility's and repair equipment. Actually love it. Come and go as I please, not really anyone to answer to.

tkasch30 said:
im an auto mechanic, grrrr...i used to like working on cars like 10 years ago, now i hate it
tkasch30
This happens a lot, take something you love and make a career out of it and then you despise it almost.

I thought I hated concrete work, turns out its just my boss and some of the assholes I work with!

tbonexl said:
I thought I hated concrete work, turns out its just my boss and some of the assholes I work with!
tbonexl
Beat his ass with the flip flop! Works every time! haha

JM750 said:
Ooh shit! Are we gonna have to rescue you sometime? Instead of dropping food down the tube, we can drop some gear for you! lol
JM750
Haha Probably! Dangerous job. Make sure you drop down all the HG gear you have 😉

Gym Owner and part time security work. One of you supervisors need to get my boy a job. No jobs here and tired of helping him out lol I think the median income in this area is like 30,000 a year and unemployment is well over 10%

superbee said:
Gym Owner and part time security work. One of you supervisors need to get my boy a job. No jobs here and tired of helping him out lol I think the median income in this area is like 30,000 a year and unemployment is well over 10%
superbee
omg 30k a yr? I made well more then that 15 yrs ago. WTF is this country coming to?

No jobs here bro and only ones here are low pay manufacturing through temp service start out @ $9/hr for 3 months then get hired on making $14. Top out around $16 after a few years.

superbee said:
No jobs here bro and only ones here are low pay manufacturing through temp service start out @ $9/hr for 3 months then get hired on making $14. Top out around $16 after a few years.
superbee
ouch. that sucks

Yup.. jobs suck around here.. I'm in a union hall and its still a bitch. I made 18k less then last year with the same company. I'm at the top too so I could only imagine what the crew averaged..

tbonexl said:
Yup.. jobs suck around here.. I'm in a union hall and its still a bitch. I made 18k less then last year with the same company. I'm at the top too so I could only imagine what the crew averaged..
tbonexl
Do any if our sponsors take food stamps cause I would need them. Northeast seems to be doing much better than most of the country. More work than most of can do...I have trouble finding guys to work. Especially qualified guys!

And $16 wow, is that with a degree of any kind?

The best field to go into here is Healthcare. The biggest employer here is the local hospital but they have been laying off due to ObamaCare.. Still RN's make well below the median here. They start at around $18. Manufacturing and retail still top this area in jobs and both are low paying shitty wage jobs. When I first opened my gym in the late 80's this area was booming.. Unions had control and the pay was great.. I was making over 80K a year and back then that was good money.

I am very fortunate and have worked my way up from an 8.50 an hour job working 80-90 hrs a week on the rig. Oil has been very good to me. We have a lot of the same problems here as far as qualified people. Not so much the rig company I have out for me but in general they will hire anyone. Most only last a couple weeks and never show back up. They start these guys out at 23 an hour. That's almost 3x what I started out at and they can't even make it ... SAD... My rig crew usually gets between 60-70 hrs a week. SO these guys are making a killing.. There are over 183 drilling rigs here this month and double that of workover rigs here, with rigs in the yard because they don't have the man power to run them. With winter setting in its only going to be worse... So the country crying about unemployment is a bunch of shit IMO... Same way in TX and CO... If you want to work its out there you may have to actually work for your money though...

I too am very fortunate. I came from a family that had nothing. We never owned a house, nor a car. When the rent went up, we hadda find a cheaper place to live. Living on the 3rd floor of an apartment house sucks growing up. I can remember one place we were at, there was no heat.
The only heat we had was the stove. On the side of it, you could turn on the thing and heat would come out of it.
I can remember getting up in the AM for school getting dressed next to the stove cause we were freezing.

Fast fwd to my life now and I got it pretty damn good. I have a great job with really good pay. I started out in my trade knowing nothing at all. and worked my way to the top. I was given a great opportunity. Sadly, I'm not so sure that opportunities like I got come that easy anymore. And I really shouldn't use the word easy, because I earned everything I have today. Nothing was given to me. Hard work does pay off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.