Corona Crap!

Regarding facemasks - my opinion since day 1 has been that we are being told not to buy or wear them because our country is embarrassingly low on them. Supposedly we have whole organizations dedicated to preparing for the next pandemic, but our country has only 30 million (i.e. 1 month's supply) N95 facemasks stockpiled. We should at least have a contingency plan to redirect production capacity from industry to make more when we need them. I thought the president was going to suck his own dick at one point when he was telling the story about how he "had a conversation with the private sector" about making more facemasks. I mean, seriously - this is something we need to figure out - turn to the private sector for help? What about WWII when we became the military and industrial superpower of the world by harnessing the private sector to make stuff for the military?

My argument from day 1 has been that if they work for healthcare workers and first responders then they will work for civilians.

It's said that they only prevent sick people from spreading disease. Then why do healthcare workers wear them - are they sick?

No, it's to prevent them from spreading germs from one patient to another. Then put facemasks on the sick people and stop having healthy healthcare workers wear them.

I swear - we'll believe anything if it's told to us enough times. It doesn't even make sense to think that having some sort of barrier over the mouth and nose wouldn't help stop the spread of disease in some way.

Here's a very concise article from the Lancet (I hope to God someone doesn't question whether this source is reputable lol).

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30520-1/fulltext#

Im personally concerned about this shit going on. Im immunocompromised, I actually went to a dr a few weeks ago and bloodwork detected super high pneumonia antibodies 320 or higher is positive. Im at 1115, plus i have a lung infection Tularemia.

My gym is still open (its a hardcore gym) all the chains (planet fitness, workout world, ect) are closed. Although Im worried since i have health issues. I have still been going to the gym. Wash my hads alot more and avoid touching my face. But now Im seeing covid19 can live up to 3 hrs airborne-_-

Things are crazy here too. Schools closed for 2 weeks minimum, no dine in restaurants, pick up or drive through only. 25 maximum people at very limited places. Construction jobs in Boston shut down 2 weeks minimum as well. Grocery stores are making special hours that are only accessible for senior citizens.

i went to try and donate blood at redcross today and got denied due to a low grade fever of 99.5 ( I’m thinkingit was becauseI took adderall, preworkout and just left the gym before going to red cross.

with all that being said, there is some weird shit going on and I think this is bigger than just the virus. I’d be skeptical about taking a vaccine anytime soon.

Im in an EXTREMELY hi risk set myself.
Not only does stroke history put you there, but ive had an immune deficiency since i was a kid.
Tbh i myself am still not worried BUT i definitely am keeping informed and refuse to buy 1 partisan side or another.
For most part dont even look at the press besides maybe when i need a link.
Try my best to get info only and direct from the experts.
These shut downs are needed BUT were half assed done to the extreme. When you have the admin claiming its the flu, like the flu, contained etc. To then taking it seriously from 1 extreme to the next.
Now if it was taken seriously from the beginning, restrictions slowly added and thought through.
The economy wouldnt be as hurt, our lives wouldnt be as effected and so much more.
From its nothing to knee jerk reaction
A solid plan from the beginning the restrictions probably wouldnt be near as bad either

A couple of updates / thoughts on the situation:

Here in GA we're at 2366 cases; 617 (26.08%) hospitalized; 69 (2.92%) deaths. Our mortality rate has slowly been dropping. It was about 3.15 earlier this week.

We FINALLY got our shelter in place orders from my county and all cities in my county today.

I've noticed that Google and others are now okay with censorship / ensuring that only one point of view (the official one) is easily found online. I typed in "Georgia State Coronavirus" and was directed to a dashboard with a few selected "top stories" and links to tons of government sites.

There are a number of topics that are still so controversial - here's my opinion on the couple I care about:

1. Should we wear facemasks or not?
  • From a US public policy perspective, the answer is no, because we are still running very short on them and need to prioritize healthcare workers and first responders.
  • From an individual perspective, of course we should. If you go to google news and look it up, there are tons of DOCTORS from other countries saying of course we should wear them, sick or healthy, because with the incubation period of this virus, you can be spreading it and appearing healthy for 2+ weeks. Just ask yourself if you were on the subway in New York - would you want everyone wearing a mask or no one wearing a mask?
2. Should we allow physicians to prescribe medications that seem promising in the treatment of coronavirus or not?
  • From Dr. Fauci's perspective, no, because he is concerned (I'm paraphrasing, but this is from one of his many speeches) that the drug manufacturers would no longer have to go through the FDA and could directly pressure Dr's to prescribe their medications.
    • So, it's okay that pharmeceutical companies have the FDA in their pocket
    • Dr's and physicians can't be trusted - if offered money to give an unknown drug instead of one they know works, they would prescribe the one that makes them money
  • From my perspective of course we should
    • Dr Fauci keeps repeating the absolute lie that there is no evidence Chloroquine or Hydroxychloroquine work for COVID-19.
      • This is demonstrably false - there are numerous countries now that are using one or both as their first line treatment for COVID-19.
      • There are numerous anecdotal reports of people being near death, saying goodbye to their families and then recovering after taking the medication
      • If you haven't been to https://www.covidtrial.io/ please visit it - it is very eye opening. Download the papers, read the studies, read the other studies you see linked in there. It becomes very obvious that this is an option.
      • Also QUERCETIN WITH BROMELAIN - please read some of the studies on this - they have used it in Canada (I believe Ottawa). I got 3 bottles x 120 tablets on Amazon for around $50.
I'm not a medical professional, but I've been reading up on these studies since at least 2009 when my first son was born and they were talking about a pandemic coming (swine flu I think at that time). See the purchase date on this book on the 1918 pandemic below.

1585417016963.webp

• I've been reading studies on Cloroquine and Hydroxycloroquine for months. I ordered Cloroquine from India months ago - it just arrived recently.
My goal isn't to encourage anyone to self-medicate or ignore what we're being told from a governmental perspective.

Just understand that the messages you are hearing on television from from an "Overall public health perspective", and they are giving us the very best information and guidance they have FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE.

Understand that OUR OBJECTIVES ARE NOT ALIGNED with overall public health objectives. My goal and I assume many others' goals are to prioritize ourselves, our families, our close friends. From day one, not engaging in social distancing for example was bound to cause this virus to spread. But as Americans (I'm speaking of the masses, not anyone individually), we can't tolerate our freedoms being taken away quickly - we have to learn the hard way. There has to be an enemy to fear, that fear has to be substantiated, and only then can we slowly acquiese to our freedoms being taken away. Otherwise we isolate ourselves early, the threat never materializes, and everyone screams that it wasn't worth it, there was nothing to fear, etc. Politicians know this - they have to balance between acting too quickly and acting too slowly for these reasons. As individuals, our constituents are ourselves, our family and our close friends.

Anyway, isn't someone else going to post a long rant? Doesn't matter if it's completely opposed to my post or on another topic entirely - I'm just trying to gather as much information as I can.

Government sites have always been gold in search rankings nothing at all to do with censor ship. The belief is government sites will far less likely be spam etc.

You are no doubt correct - and I know next to nothing about SEO etc. Here's what I mean about there being a dashboard - it just seems like this information is being curated.

1585418160479.webp

@tech123 yes they have put some authority sites in a little different format.
but its not really off the wall more like those who want them here you go and reg search results as is.
gov type sites however always been huge premium for seo

This isn't the first time China has fucked up the world. Back in '09 SARS spread throughout much of the world and it originated from.... wait for it..... China. And it won't be the last in case anyone is wondering....

For everyone who is interested in virology now, read up on the avian flu which is stemming from China as well and it has a MUCH higher mortality rate. They found 2 new mutations of it last month.

The flu isn't a small deal at all...

Until recently, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimated the annual mortality burden of influenza to be 250,000 to 500,000 all-cause deaths globally; however, a 2017 study indicated a substantially higher mortality burden, at 290,000-650,000 influenza-associated deaths from respiratory causes alone, and a 2019 study estimated 99,000-200,000 deaths from lower respiratory tract infections directly caused by influenza.

I'm not downplaying Covid-19 either. I'm saying both are dangerous and people don't even know what is out there in regards to influenza. Just wait till H5N8 hits and then be VERY afraid... 60% mortality rate. It just hasn't mutated to the point of human to human transmission... yet.

No its not a small deal at all.
But several strains, immunity, treatment, vaccines, knowledge etc. Makes a huge difference

@GRIM very true...

Let this sink in also...

According to the CDC, there were approximately 45 million cases of the flu in the United States during the 2017 influenza season, resulting in an estimated 810,000 flu-associated hospitalizations and an estimated 61,000 flu-associated deaths. In JUST the USA.

Funny thing is this is what I'm currently in school for... microbiology. Fascinating and terrifying at the same time.

@BrotherIron yup i know that stat very well.
flu however is an estimate they dont actually track flu deaths.
thus far already well over 2200 in US are dead from this. Over 500 today alone.
that's with us ppracticing social distancing etc.
if the numbers keep increasing as they are and estimates ive seen 61,000 will be far less than this kills.
2017 was also a particularly bad flu season.
lets hope best case scenario happens and def not the worst bro 😉

@GRIM I definitely hope for the best but it's always best to prepare for the worst. I want to see what happens in the next 2 weeks.

I'm worried about what comes next from China.

Seems a lot of nasty viruses been originating from China. Go figure that they eat bats, snakes, dog and cats...these animals can harbor viruses in their carcasses.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.