What's for supper

you better off eating something clean and light than starving yourself imo

GRIM said:
GRIM
i might 😉

But im sorta part of this new wave shit that all about hitting your macros (protein, carbs, fat) and not worrying about eating clean, meal frequency, or nutrient timing

morrey said:
GRIM said:
GRIM
i might 😉

But im sorta part of this new wave shit that all about hitting your macros (protein, carbs, fat) and not worrying about eating clean, meal frequency, or nutrient timing
Then you might want to figure out how to add your macros so you have food all day. I don't care what new wave stuff you're doing...........running out of food by 3:00 is not a good choice.

TSizemore said:
morrey said:
GRIM said:
GRIM
i might 😉

Then you might want to figure out how to add your macros so you have food all day. I don't care what new wave stuff you're doing...........running out of food by 3:00 is not a good choice.

Yeah, your body will start metabolizing protein (muscle) as needed.

TSizemore said:
morrey said:
GRIM said:
GRIM
i might 😉

Yeah i usually have my first meal at 6:00 am and my last meal at 9:00 pm
today was not normal.

Hanzo said:
TSizemore said:
morrey said:
GRIM said:
GRIM
i might 😉

This is debatable. I dont think a one time 16 hour fast will do much damage.

morrey said:
Hanzo said:
TSizemore said:
morrey said:
GRIM said:
GRIM
i might 😉

I thought you said it's your new wave. No, 1 time won't hurt.

Hanzo said:
morrey said:
Hanzo said:
TSizemore said:
morrey said:
GRIM said:
GRIM
i might 😉

Agreed, 1 time is no bid deal. If this was a common occurrence, then it would be an issue.

Hanzo said:
morrey said:
Hanzo said:
TSizemore said:
morrey said:
GRIM said:
GRIM
i might 😉

?
not sure what you meant. But what I was getting at was that yes I used to be all about eating every 2 hours, only eating so called "clean" food, avoiding fat post workout, and getting the majority of my carbs around training time.
And now i of the conclusion that that stuff doesnt really matter in the long run as long as you hit your macros for the day

morrey said:
morrey said:
i might 😉

morrey
?
not sure what you meant. But what I was getting at was that yes I used to be all about eating every 2 hours, only eating so called "clean" food, avoiding fat post workout, and getting the majority of my carbs around training time.
And now i of the conclusion that that stuff doesnt really matter in the long run as long as you hit your macros for the day
He meant, you made it sound like you didn't care or that it didn't matter that you ran out of food. There is a pretty big school of though out there that teaches Calories are calories and it doesn't matter whether they are clean or crap. As long as you meet your daily caloric need. The issue with this is that all calories are not created equal, and you can't sit down and eat, say, all of your calories in one meal. Your body will expel what it can't use at the time of absorption. I know this is a far fetched or extreme example, nobody is going to try and eat a days worth of food at one time, but, this is; in essence, the basic premise behind the theory you're talking about.

TSizemore said:
morrey said:
morrey said:
i might 😉

morrey
?
He meant, you made it sound like you didn't care or that it didn't matter that you ran out of food. There is a pretty big school of though out there that teaches Calories are calories and it doesn't matter whether they are clean or crap. As long as you meet your daily caloric need. The issue with this is that all calories are not created equal, and you can't sit down and eat, say, all of your calories in one meal. Your body will expel what it can't use at the time of absorption. I know this is a far fetched or extreme example, nobody is going to try and eat a days worth of food at one time, but, this is; in essence, the basic premise behind the theory you're talking about.

Yeah I do agree with that. I dont think you have to have 8 meals a day but I do think 4 or 5 meals would give better results compared to 1 meal. Im still not 100% sure on the premise that calories are calories. I have got lean eating junk food but I feel better eating "clean", but im not sure if this is just in my head

morrey said:
TSizemore said:
morrey said:
morrey said:
i might 😉

morrey
?

Yeah I do agree with that. I dont think you have to have 8 meals a day but I do think 4 or 5 meals would give better results compared to 1 meal. Im still not 100% sure on the premise that calories are calories. I have got lean eating junk food but I feel better eating "clean", but im not sure if this is just in my head

Of course eating clean is at least better for your internal organs, arteries, etc., especially in the long run. Also, if you try to eat too much in any single meal your body will have to use energy to digest your food that could be applied for more useful (exercising) purposes. I do agree 4 or 5 meals is best, spread out over the day. There's no denying the science behind keeping your insulin levels stable, and this is done through your diet, to most of us.

good post Hanzo 😉

Simmered some jalapeno and green onion in a lil evoo, added some oats
Then added 4 servings eggwhites, scrambled it.
Served 1/2 on a low cal high protein whole wheat flat bread.
The other 1/2 will be for later, STUFFED!

Orange Roughy, blackened with my homemade blackened rub, Grilled on a Himalayan salt block. Over Penne Pasta with 3/8 cup of Lite Classico Alfredo (3gm fat) sauce. Large Baked potatoe fried in skillet with diced jalapenos and onions in Pam Olive Oil spray!

Clean Cheat!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hell Yeah!!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.