Who's heard of this stuff??!

N

NextGen Freak

Modafinil - the primary ingredient in the super brain drug known as Provigil or the generic called Nuvigil. The medicine is prescribed to those with sleep apnea, severe sleeping disorders, and narcolepsy. In rare occasions it can be prescribed those those with severe ADD.

By taking it as a normal, every day, drug...you can almost mimic the effects to an extent of the pills in the movie Limitless...allowing you to focus 100% throughout your entire day, night, and sometimes into the next day. It increases productivity, focus, creativity, and the ability to even talk sometimes.

Friend just got a prescription for Provigil...$2000/month....and decided to do the Nuvigil $800/month still! I refuse to pay this and I'm bound and determined to find this shit somewhere else. Anyone know much about this shit?

I think I'll wait until more research on people comes out. I don't know how the FDA approved it, as it's method of action isn't even known yet. It's also causing something called Modafinil Psychosis in some patients. Still, it has promise, just that something which works by causing a change in the efficacy of your actual neuro-transmitters (but they're not sure exactly how) is a little too far out for my sensibilities, for now.

It does sound pretty cool though, affects your mood positively and appears to allow most people to focus, as noted above. I would think that if abused it runs the risk of causing mild to severe insomnia.

From what ive seen it only improves cognitive function in "low performers"
So for someone like me it would be useless 8) lol

morrey said:
From what ive seen it only improves cognitive function in "low performers"
So for someone like me it would be useless 8) lol
morrey
Right. Wait until TS sees this. Just sayin'. 😛

i think this is the stuff that they give to fighter pilots in the air force

Oh hell...............hahahahahahahahaha.................I just decided to erase the entire paragraph of 5 syllable words explaining my superiority and go with the flow! Where can I get some?

Interesting for sure. Im curious to see more studies on this.

TSizemore said:
Oh hell...............hahahahahahahahaha.................I just decided to erase the entire paragraph of 5 syllable words explaining my superiority and go with the flow! Where can I get some?
TSizemore
Hmmm ..... did your "paragraph of 5 syllable words" make sense though? Lol. 8)

morrey said:
I think you are thinking of amphetamines
morrey
Yeah, I don't think the Air Force would try a basically unproven, mind altering drug on fighter pilots who are trusted with machines that cost many millions of dollars.

I need to get some, because if I could get my mental focus to match my natural awesomeness there isn't no telling what I might achieve. ... 😛

your thinking of beta-blockers for the fighter pilots.

i myself was diagnosed with ADD when i was younger. prescribed me adderall. i was a super student while on it. downside was i lost a bunch of weight. cause well....its meth lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest threads

Back