MG's log

I got up at 4 this morning and did 5 kilometers on the treadmill (mostly running) and 20' stepper. During my lunch break I added 20' arm bicycle.

I have a bit of lower back/left hip pain that disappears when I walk. I really need good running shoes. I will do some shopping next week (at the runner's shop).

I got up at 4:15 am and ran for 30 min non stop. I never thought I could do this .... I saw the cardiologist the other day for a stress test and my heart rate at rest was 49 bpm, it was never higher than 103 during the test and he said that the recovery was really good. BP was 120/80.
I might run one day and walk (7 or 8 km/h) the next.

After work I did some weights: a full body (2 exercises per muscle, 3 sets of 10 to 12 reps).

I ran another 6 kilometers early this morning.

During my lunch break I added 20 min arm bicycle.

After work I did a full body with light weights (2 exercises per muscle, 3 sets of 12 reps). I did deadlifts for the first time in years (with dumbells because it's all I have).

I work Mon-Sun this week and I'm a bit tired. No workout for me until Mon unless I wake up with back pain tomorrow or Sunday. I haven't taken a day off in 10 days.

Yesterday's workout was a 4 kilometer run before work.

Today I ran 6.5 kilometer and did an upper body workout (2 exercises per muscle, 3 sets of 12 reps).

I did 30' elliptical early this morning but it wasn't enough and I did 20' stepper during my lunch break

After work I did some strength training -- 2 exercises for chest, tris, bis, shoulders, 1 for the back and 120 reps for abs.

Treadmill (fasted cardio)

This morning I chose the automatic program "12" which alternates walking and running, various speeds and inclines. 6.5 kilometers total.

Last workouts of the week:

30 min fasted cardio (elliptical)
Upper body workout (db presses, pullovers, frontal raises, lateral raises, biceps curls, hammer curls, wrist curls, triceps kickbacks, triceps extensions, deadlifts): 3 sets of 12 reps, abs: 300 reps. Everything back to back.

I woke up at 3:45 this morning and did 7.3 kilometers on the treadmill. My right knee and Achilles are a bit sore now. I'm gonna take Ibuprofen and massage both the knee and Achilles with Ibuprofen gel.

I did 50' fasted cardio (30' elliptical and 20' stepper).

I did weights in the afternoon.
Upper body (2 to 3 exercises per muscle, 3 sets of 15 reps).

I have tennis tomorrow afternoon (nothing major, just a lesson with a few friends, we won't play an hour). I might do stepper or a brisk walk tomorrow morning.

I worked the upper today today. 2 exercises per muscle, 3 sets of 12 reps back to bald, 200 reps for abs.

I will use the treadmill tomorrow morning. I will probably alternate brisk walking and running and keep the distance short. I need to avoid knee and Achilles pain before my long shifts this week-end.

I split the cardio again today. I woke up at 3:30am and did 5 kms on the treadmill (bird ik walk/run). I got back from work early and did 40 min elliptical.

No workout until Monday for me since I will be on my feet both Saturday and Sunday (with all my gear on).

how you liking the treadmill

how you liking the treadmill
grimI love it, it is very intense cardio (I hadn't run in years) but my Axhilles and right knee hate it .... This is why I alternate elliptical and treadmill. I have also be advised to take a break from cardio in the middle of the week. What do you think?

all dpends on your body, goals, lifestyle

all dpends on your body, goals, lifestyle
grimMy goals are to stay healthy and lean. I don't eat junk food like pizza, hamburgers, French fries etc ... But I'm a carb addict (bread, crackers, dairy). I never go out, I don't drink alcohol, I don't smoke, I go to bed at 8:45pm and get up at 4 or 4:30am every day.

Colleagues who are half my age wonder how I do everything I do. They hardly workout. They are soft. I cannot understand how they can even look at themselves in the mirror.
There are days when I'm sore and really tired (like today). I wish I could take a day or two off but if I did I wouldn't be able to sleep ....

I had put the alarm on 4 today. I hopped on the Rotex for 30 min fasted cardio. I ride my bicycle to work and did another 20 min of cardio (stepper).During my lunch break I did 20 min arm bicycle.
When I got back home after work I worked the upper body: 2 exercises for chest, biceps, triceps, shoulders, 1 for the back. 3 sets of 10 to 12 reps back to back (no rest).

I have tennis tomorrow. Not sure I will run tomorrow morning.

people are lazy
im a gimp and outwork guys 1/2 my age at the gym and at least they show

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.