New iPhone?

lol right.
my phone dont even take pics.
its just a phone! bah

i dont know, it could have been given to them, or you can get an iphone for 100 from a lot of carriers with a contract, when comparing that to what theyd have to pay for a dumb phone, plus not having to buy a computer to use the internet, she can combine work search, phone, writing, research, and family photo album all for the cost of one device. I dont expect people to give away their phones, turn over their cars, and sell all their belongings as soon as they end up in a situation that requires them to make use of aid.

sent from a hole in the bozone layer.

though i do fault her for choosing an apple device, but ill blame that on a lack of the education that hopefully those stamps are helping to enable her to get.
lol. it was a joke, not asking for a defensive rant.

jurgensplurgen said:
though i do fault her for choosing an apple device, but ill blame that on a lack of the education that hopefully those stamps are helping to enable her to get.
lol. it was a joke, not asking for a defensive rant.

jurgensplurgenPhweww! Thanks for the disclaimer!! Android man myself, but.......

Hah! As an aside, our 'poor' live in much better conditions than most other country's 'middle class'. They have cars, appliances, housing, cell phones, you name it. All paid for by the government redistributing other's wealth. I know the economy is in the tank right now, but the government is breeding dependency. How about unleashing our economic potential instead of evolving into a Marxist nanny state?

Also, obamaphones are increasingly appearing at crime scenes, mostly drug dealings, as drug dealers like the fact that they are tracfones and aren't traceable to the user. Also, when the program started the cost was like $200,000,000 and it's now increased to over $1,000,000,000 (yeah, a billion dollars).

Man, was I wrong (I claim failing memory due to old age.lol). From the Washington Post:

“The program has nearly tripled in size from $800 million in 2009 to $2.2 billion per year in 2012,” the senior Republicans on the Energy and Commerce Committee wrote in a March 26 letter to the Democratic minority. “American taxpayers — and we as their elected representatives — need to know how much of this growth is because of waste, fraud and abuse.”

Still, this isn't a rant against Obama in particular, this program was 1st started as a subsidy for poor people to insure they have access to 911. It started as a way to lower people's cell bills. It has since mushroomed to the boondoggle it is today. This is a clear indictment of how big government never shrinks, it always grows.

Hanzo said:
Man, was I wrong (I claim failing memory due to old age.lol). From the Washington Post:

“The program has nearly tripled in size from $800 million in 2009 to $2.2 billion per year in 2012,” the senior Republicans on the Energy and Commerce Committee wrote in a March 26 letter to the Democratic minority. “American taxpayers — and we as their elected representatives — need to know how much of this growth is because of waste, fraud and abuse.”

Still, this isn't a rant against Obama in particular, this program was 1st started as a subsidy for poor people to insure they have access to 911. It started as a way to lower people's cell bills. It has since mushroomed to the boondoggle it is today. This is a clear indictment of how big government never shrinks, it always grows.
HanzoBig business is loving it, you see all the commercials?!

It's sickening. And china owns a little more and more of us every day.

It's supposed to be a hand up it a hand out. FDR set that up but it has totally been abused and why wouldn't lazy people getting the handouts vote for politicians who support more and more of that.

Dammit is this a political thread!!

RockShawn said:
It's sickening. And china owns a little more and more of us every day.

It's supposed to be a hand up it a hand out. FDR set that up but it has totally been abused and why wouldn't lazy people getting the handouts vote for politicians who support more and more of that.

Dammit is this a political thread!!
RockShawn
HAH .... once again it heads that way.

Seems like politics/politicians have wormed their way into every facet of our lives, and I see no end in sight. This continual obtrusiveness can only have a bad ending. Just sayin'.

GRIM said:
Hanzo said:

HanzoBig business is loving it, you see all the commercials?!

Yeah, too many willing to feed at the government trough. The scariest thing through all this, imo, is that people are more and more ok with government taking from some to give to others, as long as they get their 'share'. Also, the government defining what is someone's "fair share" to surrender, willing or not.

RockShawn said:
Obama is Robin Hood.
RockShawn
You mean "Robbing the Hood".lol.

To morrey and Grim- all politicians who support redistribution of wealth are enablers, regardless of party affiliation. 8)

Hanzo said:
RockShawn said:
Obama is Robin Hood.
RockShawn

To morrey and Grim- all politicians who support redistribution of wealth are enablers, regardless of party affiliation. 8)
that's 99.9% of all politicians...

GRIM said:
Hanzo said:
RockShawn said:
Obama is Robin Hood.
RockShawn

Uhmm....No it's not!! There's only one guy that actually calls it "redistributing"

lol no matter what you call it, they all do it.
Big business, the poor, military complex, etc..

TSizemore said:
GRIM said:
Hanzo said:
RockShawn said:
Obama is Robin Hood.
RockShawn

Uhmm....No it's not!! There's only one guy that actually calls it "redistributing"

Uh oh ..... and I happen to agree with you T, as there is one party in particular who has the market cornered on redistribution of wealth. Just sayin'.

BS the repubs give it to big business how is that any better?
As wal mart sends people to the state for bennies, ppl love the low costs and bitch about the taxes the bennies cost.
BOTH parties are in it together.

My republican governor gave the wealthy a nice tax break WHILE raising taxes on the poor..

That is no monopoly, it's team work!

Tax breaks are not redistribution...........that's keeping your own money. Tax hikes are hikes across the board, just some people spend enough to have the exemptions to stay out of it. Which, by definition, is Stimulus.

TSizemore said:
Tax breaks are not redistribution...........that's keeping your own money. Tax hikes are hikes across the board, just some people spend enough to have the exemptions to stay out of it. Which, by definition, is Stimulus.
TSizemorewhen you increase taxes on one and give corporate welfare to another it is...
and the result, we continue to be about DEAD LAST in job growth

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.