MG's log

AM
Fasted cardio -- treadmill -- 5 km - 15% incline - 572 cals burnt

PM
Another 30 min cardio -- treadmill -- 3 km - 10% incline - 315 cals burnt

AM -- Fasted cardio. Program 11 on the treadmill -- distance 7.5 km -- 637 cals burnt.

PM -- light bis/tris workout

Biceps curls
Hammer curls
Wrist curls
Concentration curls

Triceps kickbacks
One arm tricep extensions

1 long set of 40 reps of each exercise -- everything back to back

Today was fasted cardio only. Treadmill 4 Km, 35 min, speed between 6.5 and 8 km/h, 430 cals burnt.

AM
Fasted cardio -- 4.7 km on the treadmill -- speed between 8 and 9 km/h -- 15% incline -- 532 cals burnt
200 push ups
200 dips

PM
Shoulders

40 reps (1 straight set) of
Frontal raises
External rotations
Shrugs
One arm lateral raises
Reverse flys

No workout until Monday for me. I work this week-end.

I have today off and got up at 5:30 for fasted cardio: 5.2 km on the treadmill, 15% incline, 572 cals burnt.

I added a bis/tris workout. A set of 45 reps of each exercise and everything back to back.

Biceps curls
Hammer curls
One arm concentration.p curls
Wrist curls

Triceps kickbacks
Triceps extensions

Abs
200 reps

Today was fasted cardio only. 45 min treadmill, slow speed 6.5 km/h, 10% incline, 560 cals burnt. My Achilles' tendon is acting up again.

Today was fasted cardio only. 45 min treadmill, slow speed 6.5 km/h, 10% incline, 560 cals burnt. My Achilles' tendon is acting up again.
millenium girlIt's always something isn't it? I don't even remember what it's like to not have pain in at least one place, and usually two or three places. I see these young guys benching and going plate, quarter, plate, quarter right off the bat. It takes me 4 sets just to get to 135. I'm old.

It's always something isn't it? I don't even remember what it's like to not have pain in at least one place, and usually two or three places. I see these young guys benching and going plate, quarter, plate, quarter right off the bat. It takes me 4 sets just to get to 135. I'm old.
buffaloheadYes I can't get a break and an injury takes weeks or even months to heal. My dad uses to say "getting old sucks" and I didn't believe him back then. I do now.

40 min fasted cardio (treadmill at 7.5/8 km/h), 520 cals burnt.

Shoulders
Frontal raises
Lateral raises
External rotations
Reverse flys
Shrugs

1 giant set of 50 reps of each exercise.

I'm not Mark Rippetoe's biggest fan but one thing he said that I love is, "Injuries are the price we pay for the PRIVILEGE (my emphasis) of not having sat around on our asses."

Actually, I have no problem with Mark, it's his kool-aid drinking followers that irritate me. Them and their 'if you don't do it like us, you're wrong' attitude.

Injuries suck lol and the older you are the longer it takes them to heal if like me you refuse to sit around on your ass all day 😀

I haven't been feeling well the last few days. Stomach pain, nausea. I have no appetite at all except at breakfast right after cardio. And my neck/right trap/left Achilles are bugging me again and I have headaches. I should probably rest. I won't work out this week-end since I work both days again.

I did 5.6 km treadmill this morning (no incline and a speed of 7.5 km/h -- 500 cals burnt).
I added 100 push ups, 100 dips, abs.

I won't lift or do push ups and everything until pain is gone. I will stick to cardio without incline or nothing at all.

All I did this morning is 7.2 km treadmill (you told me to go for a longer distance) at a low speed (6.5 km/h). I burnt 572 cals.

I won't workout this week-end since work will be quite busy after the attack in Barcelona, they will need everyone of us out there at the soccer game and the other events.

AM

Fasted cardio: 4.4 km treadmill -- 35 minutes -- 440 cals burnt
Chest/back workout

Push ups 120
Chest press (db)
Pull overs
Deadlifts
One arm rows

1 long set of 50 reps of each exercise

PM

20 min stepper (I wanted to do more but knee started to hurt and I stopped)

AM
Fasted cardio
35 min treadmill -- 4.5 kilometer -- 495 cals burnt
20 min stepper

Lunch break
20 min arm bicycle

Knee is sore, I think it's nothing major. I blame my work shoes or the insoles (I should probably have them checked out for overpronation).

Today I did fasted cardio: 30 min elliptical because it doesn't put as much stress on the knee as the treadmill and 20 min stepper with a low resistance.

After work I ride my bike back home but it hurt my knee ...

PM

Biceps/triceps

Biceps curls
Hammer curls
Concentration curls
Wrist curls

Dips (100)
Triceps kickbacks
Triceps extensions

1 giant set of 50 reps of each exercise.

Abs 100 reps + 2 min plank

I took it easy today and did fasted cardio only (I had a day off since I will work all week-end again). I did 45 minutes on the treadmill at a speed of 6.5-7 km/h and burnt around 500 cals.

I relaxed the rest of the day except for some grocery shopping and cleaning.

Fasted cardio
35 min treadmill at 7 to 7.5 km/h, 500 cals burnt.

Shoulders
Frontal raises
External rotations
Reverse flys
Lateral raises
Shrugs

1 long set of 40 reps of each exercise.

Yesterday after work I walked barefoot on the treadmill (half an hour, no incline, slow pace). It was nice but I had blisters later on.

Today
Fasted cardio
35 min treadmill (+ 3 min warm up, 3 min cool down), 515 cals burnt.

Lunch break
20 min stepper
150 push ups
150 dips

After work
Short upper body workout

Frontal raises
Reverse flys

Biceps curls
Hammer curls

Triceps kickbacks
Triceps extensions

Chest press
Pullovers

One arm rows

1 long set of 40 reps of each exercise.

I see the cardiologist at 3:30pm, If he wants me to wear a Holter for 24 hours I don't know if I will be allowed to workout tomorrow.

Blisters can be painful.

I took it easy this morning since I wasn't allowed to sweat because of the Holter monitor.

Fasted cardio
35 min treadmill at a slow pace (6.5 km) -- 355 cals burnt
20 min arm bicycle
150 push ups
150 dips

Fasted cardio
4.4 km treadmill, 550 cals burnt.

Bodyweight exercises
200 push ups
200 dips
300 abs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.