MG's log

I woke up at 3:15am (another nightmare) and couldn't go back to sleep.

Fasted cardio
8.6 kilometer (15% incline, 8 km/h, 1000 cals burnt)

Shoulder workout

Frontal raises
External rotations
Dumbbell press
Shrugs
Reverse flyes

1 set of 45 reps of each exercise.

It's a lonely feeling being awake and up at 2 or 3am. 5am is my mental ok. If I can make it from 2 or 3am or whenever i wake up, to 5am then I figure at least it's morning and no longer night and other people are up and around as well. Makes it less lonely in my head.

It's a lonely feeling being awake and up at 2 or 3am. 5am is my mental ok. If I can make it from 2 or 3am or whenever i wake up, to 5am then I figure at least it's morning and no longer night and other people are up and around as well. Makes it less lonely in my head.
buffaloheadI usually get up at 4:15 to get the cardio in before leaving for work (I go to bed at 9pm).

My cat woke me up at 3:30am.

My ITB isn't too happy. I think I will take a break next week while in England. I might already stop working out this week-end actually because I work both days with all my gear on. I will stretch during my shift and afterwards.

Today was fasted cardio -- 6.6 kilometer (8 km/h, 15% incline, 760 cals burnt).

100 push ups
100 dips
100 lunges (50 each leg)
100 squats

15 min stepper

I took it easy today.

Fasted cardio
4.5 kilometer, 15% incline, 517 cals burnt.
Arm bicycle
15 minutes

Chest/back

Deadlifts
One arm rows

Push ups (100)
Chest press (dumbells)
Flyes
Pullovers

1 set of 40 reps.

Lunch break
20 min stepper

As I said yesterday I won't workout while in England (unless I do bodyweight exercises up in my room).

Today was fasted cardio -- 5.2 kilometer treadmill (9 km/h, 15% incline) - 600 cals burnt

Light shoulders/bis/tris workout

Frontal raises
External rotations
Lateral raises
Shrugs
Reverse flys

Biceps curls
Hammer curls
Wrist curls

Dips (100)
Kickbacks
One arm extensions

1 set of 36 reps of each.

My girl, I would never leave you 😉..... I'm hooked on MG ....🙂

My girl, I would never leave you 😉..... I'm hooked on MG ....🙂
ThorYou know how to put a smile back on my face 🙂

It appears I have a pinched nerve. It causes migraines and a tingling sensation in my left fingers. I had a first physio session on Friday and I will have another one this Wednesday.

I did fasted cardio this week-end (between 6.5 and 7 kilometer treadmill, 12% incline).

Today
Fasted cardio
7 kilometer (12% incline), 745 cals burnt.

Light chest/back workout

Deadlifts
One arm rows

Push ups (100)
Press
Flyes
Pullovers

1 set of 36 reps of each exercise.

5 min of stretching.

Just out of curiosity...36 reps? Seems like an arbitrary number but I'm sure you have a reason for choosing it.

Just out of curiosity...36 reps? Seems like an arbitrary number but I'm sure you have a reason for choosing it.
buffaloheadI usually do one long set of 30 to 45 reps. Remember that I use light weights (I have lingering injuries and I'm only trying to maintain some muscle mass). I used to do 3 sets of 12 to 15 reps back to back which is the same thing.

I know my girl MG is going to follow my getting back in shape log even though it is just getting started, the breaking in period anyway!!!!! Kisses Girl...keep your head up and back to the wind ...go with it girl!!!!

I know my girl MG is going to follow my getting back in shape log even though it is just getting started, the breaking in period anyway!!!!! Kisses Girl...keep your head up and back to the wind ...go with it girl!!!!
ThorOf course I will check your log. Curious what your workouts will be like. Are you gonna combine cardio and weights?

Today was fasted cardio -- 6.5 kilometer treadmill (12 to 15% incline), 741 cals burnt.

Bis/tris workout

Biceps curls
Concentration curls
Hammer curls
Wrist curls

Dips (100 reps)
Kickbacks
One arm overhead extensions

Abs
200 reps

Cardio will start this weekend probably, just trying work the stifness out right now, but it fills so good to be back in a real gym Golds corporate not the little franchises with only 70lb Db's. Going to start with the bike and when the body feels good I like sprints even at 230lb running intervals. Time to get in awesome shape or atleaastclose to it!!!

Cardio will start this weekend probably, just trying work the stifness out right now, but it fills so good to be back in a real gym Golds corporate not the little franchises with only 70lb Db's. Going to start with the bike and when the body feels good I like sprints even at 230lb running intervals. Time to get in awesome shape or atleaastclose to it!!!
ThorThe bike is easier on the knees. Take it easy at first. HIIT is great too when you have less time for cardio.

Today was fasted cardio only (I woke up at 3:15 am and decided to hop on the treadmill instead of trying to get back to sleep for another hour). 7.5 kilometer, incline between 12 and 15%, speed between 7.5 and 8 kilometer/h, 855 cals burnt.

Stretching (ITB is a real pain, I had a shockwave therapy session yesterday).

Super woman 😉.... yes mam the bike is what I will be doing. I have put myself through a lot with sports, military training etc... have had ACL replacement so when I am cranked up and in shape I keep the squats to around 5 sets of 20 reps with 315..that is enough weight to build great quads...

Super woman 😉.... yes mam the bike is what I will be doing. I have put myself through a lot with sports, military training etc... have had ACL replacement so when I am cranked up and in shape I keep the squats to around 5 sets of 20 reps with 315..that is enough weight to build great quads...
ThorI should have knee replacement (my ACL was torn years ago and never repaired) but I'd rather live with the pain and the instability even if it means no more running (speed walking is just as good ....).

Today I woke up at 2:30, managed to go back to sleep until 3:30, tossed and turned, got up and did fasted cardio -- 5 kilometer treadmill (12% incline), 550 cals burnt.

Shoulders

Frontal raises
Lateral raises
Reverse flys
Shrugs
External rotations

1 set of 45 reps of each exercise.

I don't do high reps on everything but I am a fan of high reps for rear delts. When I started using 25-35 rep sets they responded really well. Plus I feel like it's good for shoulder health, which my left one is fubar as it is.

Light weights and higher reps is what I need to do now. I have lingering injuries (neck and tricep issues). My heavy lifting days are behind me ....

Fasted cardio

30 min elliptical, 450 cals burnt
10 min arm bicycle

Bis/tris workout

Biceps curls
Hammer curls
Wrist curls
Concentration curls

Dips (150)
Triceps kickbacks
Triceps extensions

1 set of 50 reps of each (light weights)

Another 10 min arm bicycle

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.