Rock's Prep 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
RockShawn said:
Thanks guys. It's starting to really hurt now. Although everything feels like its working right something's still hitting that nerve. I wish I had muscle relaxers.
RockShawnI got tons 'not that it helps you'

got an inversion table?

GRIM said:
RockShawn said:
Thanks guys. It's starting to really hurt now. Although everything feels like its working right something's still hitting that nerve. I wish I had muscle relaxers.
RockShawnI got tons 'not that it helps you'

got an inversion table?

Actually I do have an inversion table. It hurt way too bad to get on it yesterday but its a little better this morning. Ill try it at lunch.

It may not benefit you......but, I bought a Deep Tissue Foam Roller when I was at the Arnold. Best damn $60 I ever spent!!!! Miracle tube with studs....that's what it is!

TSizemore said:
It may not benefit you......but, I bought a Deep Tissue Foam Roller when I was at the Arnold. Best damn $60 I ever spent!!!! Miracle tube with studs....that's what it is!
TSizemore
Damn my massage therapist would be pissed. And you don't wanna piss her off. but I may buy one anyways 🙂

either give happy endings?

Update. I'm walking normal now. I've had 2 adjustments and a massage and the low back is feeling pretty good. I won't be in the gym at all this week though. All my muscles are still very tight especially my abs. It's actually difficult to eat cause they are so tensed up. Ill focus on diet for the week and hopefully be back in the gym Monday.

damn rock.. sorry man I know back shit is NO FUCKING FUN.. I hope you get it under control bro... I guard mine like a mofo now.. I pulled 380 for deads the other day and was like FUCK no.. I know I have the strength to pull more.. But I am to scared to push it... /

ODINSBLOOD said:
damn rock.. sorry man I know back shit is NO FUCKING FUN.. I hope you get it under control bro... I guard mine like a mofo now.. I pulled 380 for deads the other day and was like FUCK no.. I know I have the strength to pull more.. But I am to scared to push it... /
ODINSBLOODI feel ya....I'm on the opposite side. My back hurts and do the chit anyways!! I'm an idiot!

Man I kind wish I had been dead lifting 380 instead of dead lifting a boot LOL. Chiro said something was about to give anyways so I'm prolly lucky I wasn't trying to be macho at the gym. It just sucks.

Having a horrible time walking today. All the aggravation inflicted on my back yesterday is killing me today. Today is gonna be a massive ibuprofen day and a ton of ice. I feel like an invalid in some ways. Lifting my arm up to get stuff out of the cabinet is a chore now and hurts. Don't take a healthy back for granted. I should have been getting regular adjustments since I've had this problem in the past and I just neglected it cause it felt fine. Lesson learned.

Brother, at our age we gotta take care of the body. Especially when it comes to the back. I've had issues with mine since highschool (dirt bikes) and have always fought it using a chiropractor and aleave. Some times it's one of the simplest acts that can tweak it. Take a little time a let that back heal up before hitting it again.

sportsfreak said:
Brother, at our age we gotta take care of the body. Especially when it comes to the back. I've had issues with mine since highschool (dirt bikes) and have always fought it using a chiropractor and aleave. Some times it's one of the simplest acts that can tweak it. Take a little time a let that back heal up before hitting it again.
sportsfreak
Damn Straight. I'm definitely gonna take a more proactive approach to back issues.

I won't do any lifting till there is no more pain when breathing or walking. LOL

RockShawn said:
sportsfreak said:
sportsfreak
Damn Straight. I'm definitely gonna take a more proactive approach to back issues.

I won't do any lifting till there is no more pain when breathing or walking. LOL
Now, that's a good plan! 😉

Rock's Prep 2013 UPDATE

My back is feeling so much better. I still stayed home from cardio this morning and won't lift tonight. I have a 5k to participate in tomorrow (walking) so that will begin my cardio roll again. I think I'm past the worst part, but will guard it. I think Squats and DLs and Yates rows are out of the rotation for a little while.

I'd say continue the big lifts with strict form and a lot less weight but after dead lifting that boot and fn yourself up, it may be better to wait a while.
Glad to hear you are finally doing better my man.

Holy crap. Well I re entered the cardio world today with a 5k. Plan was to walk it. It was the color run so my whole family participated. Yep even my 5yo, we'll get to him shortly. The race started and my back felt great so I eased in and started jogging cause my 5yo was gonna "beat me to the finish" about the time I got the legs burning good and the lungs operating in spite of the tren, little guy decides he's tired. Now mind you we needed to complete this in no less than 45 min to make it to his baseball game afterward. So, he got to ride on my shoulders for 4k.

All in all, and I know Odin will say "big shit", this 245lb man completed just over 2.5miles with a 25lb backpack (effin had to have water and snacks right) and a 48lb kid on my shoulders. Total race time 42 minutes.

This is the longest I have run in 10 years easy. My quads are sore but back feels great. Gonna ice and ready to hit cardio in the morning. Back on track.

not much to report from today. Diet was on target for a zero carb day. Back in the saddle tomorrow.
Did cardio this AM and back held real good. Gonna hit it again in the morning and lift tomorrow PM real easy.

Actually lifted a lot heavier than I thought I would. Tonight was back concentration was on width. Lower back felt just fine through the whole lifting and got 30 minutes cardio in afterwards. I think I'm gonna be okay.

Ps. Ischus tren ace is killing my cardio 🙂 this stuff is strong! I've been on a blend of tren ace and tren enanthate and the sides are definitely less on enanthate.

RockShawn said:
Actually lifted a lot heavier than I thought I would. Tonight was back concentration was on width. Lower back felt just fine through the whole lifting and got 30 minutes cardio in afterwards. I think I'm gonna be okay.
RockShawn
Easy there Co-Cheese!! Back Width is one thing,.....Back thickness is something completely different! Don't get to crazy just yet! Just sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.