Rock's Prep 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking real good!
I had the same problem with the Sweet Potato......I bake mine, almost all the way, then measure my portion out and then I pan fry it with Pam. Gives it a little more solid texture, more like regular potatoes. Plus a little low sodium seasoned salt don't hurt either! 😉

Thanks tsizemore. I guess I just haven't been able to get that switch flipped to where I see food as a means to an end and it doesn't matter the taste. I struggle big time with sweet potatoes after lay prep. Ate 10pounds of those, mostly cold, for carb load. Ill try your cooking method though. Sounds good. Now I gotta learn how to grill chicken without BBQ sauce. Lol.

I grill the hell outta everything!! It seems so much better to have it come straight off the fire with that smoke taste.
I'm with you on the BBQ sauce, that makes the chicken so much better but the sugars in it almost gives me a sugar high just thinking about it!
I have just found the sweet potato and like them a lot. I always thought they looked like crap and never tasted them until HG put them on the list. I'll have to try your recipe (SP) Tsize with the frying after cooking them, sounds really good!!

ODINSBLOOD said:
LOOKING GOOD ROCK. COMING ALONG NICELY.. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND I HEAR YOU ABOUT THE OATS.. i FEELSO FUCKING BLOATED WHEN i EAT THEM.. MY WIFE BOUGHT THESE CRUSHED OATS THEY DONT MAKE ME FEEL AS BAD BUT STILL FEEL BLOATED AS HELL AFTER i EAT THEM
ODINSBLOOD
Thanks Odin. It seems like food is my nemesis right now. I'm at the store now looking for crushed oats.

sportsfreak said:
I grill the hell outta everything!! It seems so much better to have it come straight off the fire with that smoke taste.
I'm with you on the BBQ sauce, that makes the chicken so much better but the sugars in it almost gives me a sugar high just thinking about it!
I have just found the sweet potato and like them a lot. I always thought they looked like crap and never tasted them until HG put them on the list. I'll have to try your recipe (SP) Tsize with the frying after cooking them, sounds really good!!
sportsfreak
I think I just over cook it. And mine seems to still taste like raw chicken smells. It just gags me. I found a BBQ sauce with only 4g sugar per serving and its got a nice sweet taste to it too. I know ill take shit for this but oh well, its called Head Country. I know, let the flaming begin.

I use a meat thermometer and pull it right at 160 degrees! Kind of a pain in the ass but makes for some really well cooked chicken and not dry. I can't stand eating dry rubbery chicken!

Holy carp. I started hitting abs this morning and man has been a while. Gonna have to work up to where coach wants me. 30min on the stair mill this am. Breakfast 6 whole omega 3 eggs with salsa and 1.5 servings oats. Here we go again.

RockShawn said:
sportsfreak said:
sportsfreak
I think I just over cook it. And mine seems to still taste like raw chicken smells. It just gags me. I found a BBQ sauce with only 4g sugar per serving and its got a nice sweet taste to it too. I know ill take shit for this but oh well, its called Head Country. I know, let the flaming begin.

So...now you have a sauce to make it better??!! Judgement Free Zone Here!

TSizemore said:
RockShawn said:
sportsfreak said:
sportsfreak

So...now you have a sauce to make it better??!! Judgement Free Zone Here!

Yes, it gives as good as it tastes. :O

wife gets the crushed oats at HEB.. dont know if you have one of those where you are from... but they are generic
cause I am a fucking JEW bastard lol

homegrown said:
Last pictures look good.. Time to put your head down and push though... Mid May is just around the corner.
homegrown
Your tellin me sensea. I'm kinda shittin bricks. 8.5 weeks from the Ronnie Colman and my first time posing in a banana hammock - scared to say the least. I think conditioning wise I'll make it for that one, but if I wait 2 more weeks and do the smaller show after it, I may have gained enough mass to take a trophy. IDK I may be selling myself short but I don't see in me what others do. I know you gotta start somewhere and nobody stepped on stage the very first time perfect. I'm saying first time cause last year was Men's Physique for me. I got told by the judges I was too big for Men's Physique, but still placed top 5 at the europa in Aug. I guess I took that que to try to grow even more and make a play for the hallowed ground of BB. Sometimes I wish I were cocky-er.

RockShawn said:
homegrown said:
Last pictures look good.. Time to put your head down and push though... Mid May is just around the corner.
homegrown
Your tellin me sensea. I'm kinda shittin bricks. 8.5 weeks from the Ronnie Colman and my first time posing in a banana hammock - scared to say the least. I think conditioning wise I'll make it for that one, but if I wait 2 more weeks and do the smaller show after it, I may have gained enough mass to take a trophy. IDK I may be selling myself short but I don't see in me what others do. I know you gotta start somewhere and nobody stepped on stage the very first time perfect. I'm saying first time cause last year was Men's Physique for me. I got told by the judges I was too big for Men's Physique, but still placed top 5 at the europa in Aug. I guess I took that que to try to grow even more and make a play for the hallowed ground of BB. Sometimes I wish I were cocky-er.

I think most of us in this sport have an issue just like that. I never feel that I am big enough or cut enough but others make comments a lot about my size. I think that is what keeps us going in the gym, we are never satisfied.
Keep up the good work brother, your looking good and should kick ass in that comp....

I think you will do just fine rock.. Got a great foundation I have seen your prior pics.. I think this time you will look even better than the last... YOU CAN DOOO ITTT. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.